Stolen dog - Catterick

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by napier, Feb 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

A neighbour of mine has had her brindle Staffie cross bitch (answers to Tess - the dog that is, not the neighbour). Taken from outside Le Cateau School this afternoon at 1430 hrs. Passer by saw the dog being put into a blue mondeo (NFDK). By the location of the school this is likely to be someone from within the garrison. RMP have been informed but have not seen the car on CCTV. I don't know if there is a reward, but I'll cetainly throw in a few beers if she turns up.

2. Napier, afraid I'm not in the area but have you posted this in the dog thread too, might get a few more reads?

3. Seams strange that some one would steel a heinz 57. I hope they get the dog back fit and well.

Dave

4. napier

The dog is mostly staffie and looks pure bred (to my untutored eyes). HM - Good point ref dog thread.

5. msr

msr LE

Was it wearing a windproof smock at the time?

6. napier

Are you implying that it was the dog who took my smock 4 years ago, only to disappear in mysterious circumstances long after the original incident had been forgotten by all but the razor sharp brain of MSR...

....and I would have got away with it if it weren't for you darned kids!

7. Nicked by someone who wants to train it to fight perhaps? Are there any likely persons currently camped sorry, temporarily living, in a layby, field, or on a roundabout near you?

Watchout for dog found posters, they will want a reward.

8. napier

I'll have a good look around for pikey scum (I presume thats what you meant) and will put the message around my Battalion - hopefully she will turn up as she's a lovely dog.

9. msr

msr LE

I just thought you might be able to solve two crimes at one stroke :)

But if pikeys are involved you could add some serious percentage points to the N YORKS police clear up rate...

msr

10. I will make a few enquiries for you

And i am fairly certain that the car would have been caught on one of the many cameras around here

11. napier

Dog has been found! Apparently some mad old bint took her as "she was unloved". A neighbour saw the dog being walked, fronted up to the old bint and wrestled her away. Thanks to all for offers of help.

12. Dammit, I was hoping for an 'extra special' kebab from the local Turks as well.

13. Thank heavens your Staffie dog has been found...will she now go on to the WOs board as planned? I always thought you infanteers had colour Sergeants anyway? :twisted:

14. With respect Cuddles, that was poor.....