Stockwell tube shooting - anyone else sick of it?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Rodney2q, Nov 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't know about you lot but I'm sick to death of the media attention and the rest of the De Menezes circus. Yes it was a tragedy, but I don't care any more - I am sick of all the attention, the witch hunt directed against the MetPol, the continuous pronouncements by the chattering classes about "police murder" and who seem to think that the police are more of a threat than Muslim terrorists.

My poor old TV is likely to get a size 9M thrown at it if I hear any more on the news...I just don't care any more and I'm not bl**dy interested.

Anyone else feel the same way?

And don't get me started on the Maddy McGann media frenzy, or Princess Di....

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

:x

Rodney2Q

2. I'm with you Rodney, all the way! The news is supposed to be about something "new"

It's all arrse.

3. I don't care either. But, I would like to see the downfall of that arrogant Blair - the Commissioner.

4. msr

msr LE

Still no-one is mentioning that he over stayed his visa....

5. what i dont get is (they say) they thought he was a terrorist, it was a week or so after 52 people where killed on the tube by terrorists, we thought he was one, we shot him... they would be moaning shite loads if he was a terrorist and we didnt shot him and he killed another 52 people

6. It p*ssed me off when the Brazillians themselves jumped on the indignation bandwagon.

From the BBC:

In less than a week the police in Sao Paulo have shot dead 107 people, almost the same as the number of fatal shootings in the first three months of the year.

JP should be grateful the Met got him, they saved him the cost of a flight home to be shot.

7. Im not sick of it. On the contrary, I welcome it.

Signed

Mrs De Menezes

8. Well I am, stop whining already.

Signed

Ian.[hr]

9. I want to hear from the two officers who pulled the triggers. They've still not yet entered a witness box. Presumably they will at the Inquest. They need to be asked, on oath, what happened.

10. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

How can anyone be sick of it? This was a travesty from start to finish. As well organised as a military deployement
    The surveillance team were pissing about-literally. The officer in command, the aptly named Commander Dick was ambiguous in her orders. The comms room was disorganised, out of control and comms were crap.
    The troops on the ground were given misleading and confusing orders and huge mistakes were made. Just like the average military operation. Except that if a Colonel or Brigadier screwed up to that extent, a bowler hat would be in the in-tray next day. Instead, these politically connected fellow-travellers have been lauded and promoted.
    It was written that with great power came great responsibility. Not in this case it seems.

anyway, it's always good to read about other peoples bad luck and sh1t days.

11. I for one am sick and tired of it!

signed

I Blair
    Commissioner

12. Or the fact he was a coke head. Was he paying tax, I doubt it.

Are they reasons for getting shot in the head? You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.......

13. An 'innocent' illegal was shot - ok tragedy but as already said, had he been a bomber and got on the train and pulled the plug then how many would be dead......

He was in the wrong place at the wrong time, it has happened before and will (unfortunately) happen again. Learn from it and move on instead of keep dragging it back into the media to keep stiring the pot of resentment towards not just the Met but the Security Services in general.

14. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

But the point is he wasn't a bomber! And it is of no use to promulgate like that. What if the sky had fallen? What if it had been an alien with a death ray?
    What ever happened to the basis of British law? That a man is innocent until proven guilty? The precept that better 10 guilty men go free than one innocent man suffer unjustly?

15. That gets my vote. :twisted: