Stockholm bombings: UK and the export of Islamic terrorism

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by IndependentBoffin, Dec 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Stockholm bomber: family blame Britain for radicalisation - Telegraph

WikiLeaks: Britain's attempts to engage Muslim communities 'made little progress' - Telegraph

Sweden suicide bomber: I was reviled for warning that Britain is a hotbed of Islamic terrorism | Mail Online

Some hard questions need to be asked:
    1) Is our country a de facto exporter of Islamic terrorism as the articles suggest?
    2) If so, what real steps can be taken to tackle radicalisation of British Muslims?
    3) Is it realistic to expect Muslims to integrate into a modern secular or predominantly Christian democracy?
    4) Are the barriers/difficulties of Muslim integration into such a democracy set up by us, or them?
    5) If extremist Islam becomes mainstream Islam in Britain, what will happen?
  2. he was a good boy really, it's all britains fault!

i'm not buying it.
  3. So do we invade Lutonistan or just use targeted air strikes?
  4. 1. Yes it has
    2. None as it will be against their 'uman rites innit
    3. Don't be silly
    4. Can't be them as they would say it is discrimination
    5. There will be lots of busses and cars and bodies getting blown up right, left and centre
  5. X59

X59 LE

Targeted air strikes against Luton!

Are you mad ?

Whose gonna pick up the tuppence ha'penny bill for all the damage ?
  6. Its simple really.

Take it seriously. Drop the PC nonsense. Make some arrests. Where necessary change the law/make laws that make deportation easier (where appropriate) and make prosecution and conviction for inciting violent/criminal/terrorist acts easier and with tough sentences.
  7. And stop funding "Muslim" projects with government/National lottery money.
  8. Many a true word.........:)
  9. WatchingWater

WatchingWater Old-Salt Book Reviewer

We're just lucky he was dozy enough to detonate it prematurely, there'd be ALOT more pressure on our government to actually do something had things gone to plan.
  10. The simple fact is that Islam is not compatible with western societies. It is a religion unseperable with its own society. Unlike western society which always strives to keep them separate. This will not end well.
  11. But dont forget, they only have to be lucky once, look at the London bombers!
  12. western society strives to keep religion and society seperate?

that's new to me.
  13. Surely the government needs to address the fact that Afghanistan is not a threat to the United Kingdom, stop throwing away military lives and taxpayers money and concentrate those resources on rooting out radicalised fundementalist in out own society. People who expound the glory of death and destruction do not have the right of free speech or any of the other attributes that come with living in a free democratic society. Stop the sham of allowing these students of jihad to conducted their nefarious activities under the guise of religion without let or hinderance. Why would anyone bent on the destruction of the west need to travel to Afghanistan or Pakistan, thereby drawing attention to themselves, when all the information they require for Jihad is diseminated on a daily basis in selected mosques and madrassas throughout the UK. All the technical information and physics require to construct bombs is readily available in our universities or can be found on the internet.
  14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Well, the Crusades didnt exactly get us off on the right foot, but they did provide employment in a recession, and they got the lads out of the house.

What real steps have British Muslims taken to integrate their community into the community who support the old bird who's name is on the passport that grants them freedom of speech, and much else besides?

When Coca-Cola are runing ads singing about "The holiday is coming" because they dont want to piss off people who may get pissed off by the word CHRISTMAS, and when an episode of Corrie spends an hour of production time hiding the cross in a church because it may offend Muslims, I feel that.... sorry, what was the question?

Jesus. Are you for real?

Please refer to question 4)

What are you doing on Friday night? Only I know a lovely Tofu Sushi bar in Chalk Farm. The drapes are to DIE for.

PM me, yah?
  15. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

to be fair the crusades were a french invention, we just proved to be better at the fighting part - funny that!

I think we have a huge issue but not at out efforts to integrate the muslim population but in their ability to modernise, the ghettos's they put themselves into have left them in a 1950's mindset hence the arranged marriages etc... enoch was right, and a very intelligent bloke.

I find the double standards within the muslim community astounding, I've been to a lot of mixed race parties in the midlands and have spent many ours debating islam with a pissed up muslim telling me I cant talk to him about his faith in that way!!!!

I wonder if they could argue the repeal of the european human rights act and closure of the borders on the grounds of prevention of terrorism. stop them moving about so freely and border hopping, I cant be the only one who thinks that getting in a car and not showing a passport till I hit russia a bit odd.