Stock Markets Crash In Blind Panic

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dangerousdave, May 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I wonder if Cameron and Clegg can pull something out of the bag that bucks the trend for the UK.
  2. No
  3. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

4. They have as much as said that they wont. The big worries that have caused crap in the US are the unemployment figures. C&C Policy Factory have said they are going to start cutting spending and therefore jobs in the UK as soon as possible - meaning we will go through the same fairly quickly.
  5. I immediately wonder how are arrsers going to spin this into Broons fault?
  6. Not just yet, surely?
  7. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

What I don't understand is the Reichsmark is falling on world markets and Sterling is still falling against the Reichsmark. Could it be that Brown was lying and we're fcuked?

The bigger trouble Festung Europa gets into the worse we are because we put so many of our eggs into the Euro market and fcuked off our proper, friendly reliable trading partners.

It probably would not help in the short term but we need to leave the EU and establish proper relationships with proper partners not colonising overlords.
  8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Easy peasy.

If it wsn't for him, we wouldn't have to make these draconian cuts, and thus have so many jobs under threat, which in turn, wouldn't have scared investors so much.

Afet 13 years in power, on the purse strings and the rule book, who the fcuk elses fault could it be? Camerons? He's only been here 5 minutes.

If the cupboards weren't bare before the bank fiasco (sale of gold, over-spending etc), we could have propped up the banks and kept some change back for a rainy day.

I believe it was said on here, by me as well as others that 800,000 extra civil servants does not a healthy economy make, and it might massage the true unemployment figures for a while, but there WILL be a bill to pay.
  9. The only way to brig back market stability is to get rid of that mad cow the German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
  10. Well, the Euro's up from 1.05 to 1.17 in just over a week at the money place. All good as I'm off on hols dans le continente next month.
  11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

She doesn't seem to be too popular, even in Germany, does she?!?!

BA: Yes, Brown WAS lying, and yes, we are fcuked, but until the true figures come out, nobody knows by how much, which is why investors are hedging their bets.

On top of this, everyone knows that Gordon spent all the money, and the EU won't be bailing us out, and this is why we are falling faster than the Euro.

If and when Cameron gets a grip on things, by reducing our debt, we'll pop up like a cork from the sea bed - faster than the EU, because they've got an endemic problem that, due to the size of the Eurozone and the promises made to complete basketcase economies, is much bigger and longer lasting than ours.
  12. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Sterling is down 2 cents to 1.16 against the Euro from where it was this time last week....and both have been plunging against the $, maybe Scotland would have been a better idea :(
  13. It's Thatchers fault, obviously. :roll:
  14. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Fcuk off 2-3% loss is not a big drop.