Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Stinking rotten farts

Its processed and rich posh foods that make your shit stank not vegetarian stuff, I was a vegetarian for a few years and I produced no farts even though I was living on home made hummus, Quorn burgers, lentils, and broccoli stalks.

What I don't understand is why farting in the bath magnifies both the sound and the smell. It seems to be a boombox for *********.

It does that simply because of the pressure needed to expel the tommy squeaker, the sound is the need for inrcreased pressure of inflating the little bath ballons de splendour, with water being denser than air. The smell is because it is pressurised, i.e condensed.
Any physics guru tell me I'm wrong but that's my understanding.....

What I don't understand is why farting in the bath magnifies both the sound and the smell. It seems to be a boombox for *********.
Have you tried filling a jar with water, inverting it and hovering it over the bubble stream so that you can capture the expelled gases? When done you could put the lid on the jar ready for testing later. Rather than sniffing the jar you could try introducing a burning or glowing spint to test for methane. Not everyone produces methane so don't be disappointed if the test fails. I have not tried it as it won't work in a shower.

Have you tried filling a jar with water, inverting it and hovering it over the bubble stream so that you can capture the expelled gases? When done you could put the lid on the jar ready for testing later. Rather than sniffing the jar you could try introducing a burning or glowing spint to test for methane. Not everyone produces methane so don't be disappointed if the test fails. I have not tried it as it won't work in a shower.

Wouldn't work unless you stuck a pipe up your arse (if you are into that stuff) and put the other end right to the top of the inverted jar.
The water molecules in the jar are contained so need more pressure to shift out the way, so the bubbles of bliss would just **** off round the jar instead of in it..... this is all speculation and not through empirical research lol .

The grimmest farts have a high sulphur content, that's what gives the best ones their heady aroma. Apparently farts are mostly swallowed air coupled with digestive gasses.

Wouldn't work unless you stuck a pipe up your arse (if you are into that stuff) and put the other end right to the top of the inverted jar.
The water molecules in the jar are contained so need more pressure to shift out the way, so the bubbles of bliss would just **** off round the jar instead of in it..... this is all speculation and not through empirical research lol .
I did wonder about the bubbles bypassing the jar but won't be trying to play a flute with my farts any time soon.

This health-tracking device sniffs your farts

I did wonder about the bubbles bypassing the jar but won't be trying to play a flute with my farts any time soon.

This health-tracking device sniffs your farts

This could have serious implications. At present, farting is the only antisocial behaviour that's not easily provable. Stand by for the offence of guffing without due care and attention after everyone's forced to wear a fart alarm.

First it was pissing in the pool, now this.

One thing fart related I have never got is how you get the ones that become your own personal stalker, you go to the loo, let out a belter and think yep, no problem let's leave this bad boy in here. You go through the usual double airlock doors back into the room, walk twenty yards upto the bar to stand next to the hot bird/ 6 pint minger whatever. Everyone looks at you as if you are actually made of shit!!! It's almost like the ****** even though escaped your body want's to hold onto you like a bezzer.

One thing fart related I have never got is how you get the ones that become your own personal stalker, you go to the loo, let out a belter and think yep, no problem let's leave this bad boy in here. You go through the usual double airlock doors back into the room, walk twenty yards upto the bar to stand next to the hot bird/ 6 pint minger whatever. Everyone looks at you as if you are actually made of shit!!! It's almost like the ****** even though escaped your body want's to hold onto you like a bezzer.
I wonder if it is to do with negative pressure created by your forward movement at pace that sucks the stool gas along with you, losing just enough along the way to give everyone a fair whiff of the heady mixture. There's worse than farts though. Some people have an ammoniac honk about them way beyond the subtleties and complexities of ripe Stilton. Farm smells are something you get used to. These are more like festering Gouda and acrid burning rubber.

Nothing wrong with bath-trumps. Perfectly harmless ablutionary pastime. It is where the expression "puff-adder" comes from; a person who farts in the bath and counts the bubbles. Some of my best work has been done while imitating a Serengeti Hippo in a wallow. Great fun and keeps the dog amused for hours.

Two that immediately spring to mind:

In 1994 I made an oppo of mine chunder in my car, with a gaseous download principally derived from the previous evening's 7 pints of McEwan's lager. I think the fact that he was seriously hungover didn't help, to be fair.

In 2002 I made a then girlfriend of mine drop a cup of tea, by walking into the 'ground zero' that I'd created. She went f**ing schizo afterwards.