Still21inMyMind - Georgina's race for life.

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by BarkingSpider, Mar 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK, I'm not going to bang on about how worthy a charitable cause Cancer Research is, we all know it and that there are of course loads of other worthy causes to give away your hard earned to.
    This is just a heads-up as Georgina Smith is running the Race for Life in memory of her dad.
    Her dad being Ronald Alan Smith, former Royal Signals and ARRSEr and an all round good bloke who liked a pint just like the rest of us but doesn't drink any more as he lost the battle with cancer on 21st August 2009.
    Those of you who had the chance to know him through his posts on here will know he was a good lad and always ready to help out where he could. He was known as Still21inMyMind on ARRSE and there's a thread about him here:

Ron Smith

Here's the obligatory Facebook page where you can see just how ugly Ron was:

Ron's Facebook page

If you were thinking about coughing up for that particular charity and hadn't got around to it yet, Georgina's giving you a bloody good excuse to do it now. Thanks for looking.

Here's the all important donation page

Many thanks. BS.
  2. I do miss his contribution but bloody selfish buggerring off like that.
  3. He was old though, I'm still 18 in my mind!

Great cause.
  4. But appear about 12 to everyone else :)

Good luck to her.
  5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Bloody good bloke with the largest collection of toy tanks, sorry afv's I've ever seen. (he was Obsever badged and had two cases of models) also played a fair game of darts.
  6. I wonder if there is a clip when he was at the albert hall?