Still Waiting for Bounty!!!

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Howling_Wolf, Jun 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone else still waiting?

2. Yup, my glorious old unit. Did'nt process it. Useless cuntz

3. Yes. Getting a bit irritable now.

4. Yes, and you think its causing you problems!

5. *bites tongue*

6. Oh yes. Keep getting told its with Glasgow. As that explains anything. Seriously if they treated civilian staff like this with regards to pay there would be a riot but because we're TA we are just expected to put and shut up! :evil:

As usual the first ones to get were the HQ Coy bds and the old and bold whilst in my Coy every single man that has been on ops in the past 12 months has not got theirs as yet.

7. msr

msr LE

I know the feeling :(

msr

8. Apparently the next bounty run at Glasgow is not till August. Cheery thought for all still hanging on.

9. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

*waves hand in the air* Me too! Apparently the delay is because I was on Telic 7. Surely I could have been processed straight away as all my ITDs were passed at RTMC last October and I'd already done annual camp and the required MTDs?

Ho hum.

10. Any idea why it's not until late August?

I thought with Retention & Recruitment being such big buzzwords with the Chain of Command now that such "trivial" issues as pay (icluding bounty) would be at the top of their list of priorities.

If the bounty is not processed until late August chances are it won't rock up in my bank until September. Nearly 6 months late! Unacceptable in my view. If I did that to my civvy staff or my suppliers then I would be taken to court.

What excuse can the Army possibly have?

11. Time for redress?

12. edited by moi!

13. And how is complaining about it on Arrse going to help? Go and get it sorted instead of complaining. So much for improvise, adapt and overcome :roll:

Stag Monster: The Army pay system is much better than for Civil Servants. Your pay (TA or not) gets c0cked up far less than Civil Servant Pay.

14. I have gone through the proper channels, as a JNCO, to try and resolve the issue. Passed up to Platoon Sgt who reported it to Platoon Commander (who also has not got his yet) who then spoke to the OC (who suprisingly got his bang on time).

So I have been trying to resolve it. I am just fed up with getting fobbed off by AO's and PSAO's (not their fault I know).

So what is my next step?

What would happen if I put pen to paper and sent a letter to the CO outlining my concerns. Massive career foul or not?

I don't want to take the ultimate step and throw my teddy out the pram and say I won't turn up until it's paid as ultimately the only people it hurts is the blokes by depriving them of training (not many NCO's to go round my mob).

15. All you can do at this stage is make sure that your name has been passed by your unit to Glasgow as qualified for bounty. During April and May APC do weekly bounty runs. After the end of Ma, as I understand it they do 2 more in June and then leave all outstanding ones until August.

The reason given is that it is unpractical to keep doing weekly runs for those outstanding after the first 2 months. It ain't great news but there's little you can do about it.