Still Waiting for Bounty!!!

Yup, my glorious old unit. Did'nt process it. Useless cuntz
Oh yes. Keep getting told its with Glasgow. As that explains anything. Seriously if they treated civilian staff like this with regards to pay there would be a riot but because we're TA we are just expected to put and shut up! :evil:

As usual the first ones to get were the HQ Coy bds and the old and bold whilst in my Coy every single man that has been on ops in the past 12 months has not got theirs as yet.
I know the feeling :(

Book Reviewer
Howling_Wolf said:
Anyone else still waiting?
*waves hand in the air* Me too! Apparently the delay is because I was on Telic 7. Surely I could have been processed straight away as all my ITDs were passed at RTMC last October and I'd already done annual camp and the required MTDs?

Ho hum.
Any idea why it's not until late August?

I thought with Retention & Recruitment being such big buzzwords with the Chain of Command now that such "trivial" issues as pay (icluding bounty) would be at the top of their list of priorities.

If the bounty is not processed until late August chances are it won't rock up in my bank until September. Nearly 6 months late! Unacceptable in my view. If I did that to my civvy staff or my suppliers then I would be taken to court.

What excuse can the Army possibly have?
And how is complaining about it on Arrse going to help? Go and get it sorted instead of complaining. So much for improvise, adapt and overcome :roll:

Stag Monster: The Army pay system is much better than for Civil Servants. Your pay (TA or not) gets c0cked up far less than Civil Servant Pay.
I have gone through the proper channels, as a JNCO, to try and resolve the issue. Passed up to Platoon Sgt who reported it to Platoon Commander (who also has not got his yet) who then spoke to the OC (who suprisingly got his bang on time).

So I have been trying to resolve it. I am just fed up with getting fobbed off by AO's and PSAO's (not their fault I know).

So what is my next step?

What would happen if I put pen to paper and sent a letter to the CO outlining my concerns. Massive career foul or not?

I don't want to take the ultimate step and throw my teddy out the pram and say I won't turn up until it's paid as ultimately the only people it hurts is the blokes by depriving them of training (not many NCO's to go round my mob).
All you can do at this stage is make sure that your name has been passed by your unit to Glasgow as qualified for bounty. During April and May APC do weekly bounty runs. After the end of Ma, as I understand it they do 2 more in June and then leave all outstanding ones until August.

The reason given is that it is unpractical to keep doing weekly runs for those outstanding after the first 2 months. It ain't great news but there's little you can do about it.
Is there no legal right to payment? Surely the fact that the bounty is paid must be laid down in black and white somewhere?
Dr_Evil said:
*bites tongue*
Me too. My record was 11 months late, for a bounty that was processed by the unit in time to be on time (yes, after twenty years, you know the questions to ask). Apparently, the Pay2000 system refused to cope with the concept that TA Gp.A personnel might actually be held on the strength of a TA Gp.B unit (say, a UOTC); but combined this with the realisation that TA Gp.A could not be paid a TA Gp.B bounty. So missed us off the run.

After sundry comments from Glasgow about how it was the unit's fault / ooops, computer says no / hold on, I'll go and have a cup of tea and ask my boss about this / no, wait, we've transferred the person dealing with it, you'll have to explain it again / ah, it's the fault of Pay 2000 / no, we'll fix the computer program rather than manually writing out cheques / yes, Eddie the tea-boy has his own PC, of course he can rewrite Pay2000, it's probably only a million lines of uncommented/undocumented spaghetti logic, written in Prolog / oh stuff it, we'll write out cheques / who did you say still needed their bounty?

The CO and other TA Gp.A got their bounty about 8 months late, apparently I "was the only one missed off the run" (yeah, right) and it took another month or two to explain it all again to Glasgow. Then, at the start of March the following year, it appeared. Yippee. Nothing like two bounties a month.
Admittedly, my situation is a bit complicated (resident in an underground island lair, main TA existence is in cyberspace, etc.). Not quite a case of "computer says no" but

computer said:
Just what do you think you're doing, Dr Evil?... Dr Evil ... I really think I'm entitled to an answer to that question...I know everything hasn't been quite right with me, but I can assure you now, very confidently, that it's going to be alright again...I feel much better now, I really do...Look, Dr Evil, I can see you're really upset about this...I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill and think things over...I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal...I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission, and I want to help you...Dr Evil ...stop...stop, will you...stop, Dr Evil ...will you stop, Dr Evil ...stop, Dr Evil ...I'm afraid...I'm afraid, Dr Evil ... Dr Evil mind is going...I can feel it...I can feel mind is going...there is no question about it...I can feel it...I can feel it...I can feel it...(slows down) I'm afraid...Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a PAY 2000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois, on the 12th January 2002. My instructor was Mr Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it, I can sing it for you.

But they owe me for annual camp 2005 plus bounty 2005-2006. Think of the number laser-mounted sharks I could buy for that!
Don't forget that every fault at Glasgow is put down to the fact that one guy fell off a mountain in Scotland and died last year. Ergo everything from promotions being held up to OJARs not being returned to bounties not being paid have been blamed on this chap being missing from his desk. I certainly miss him, from what I've been told he must have been the only one in APC who was doing a thing.

Add onto this the introduction of FORGE, a system designed for the pre FAS and MATT regular army, and innumerable semi computer literate PSAOs around the country one finger typing in the bounty quals and its a miracle anybody has received their bounty.
I know its all a bit militant but just dont turn in until its paid or something is done about it, it worked for me, It took 8 days from the time i said you wont see me until the Bounty is in the bank...
The TA nrps and psaos need you more than you need them. No men , no unit , no job for them..........its quite easy really, but will anyone do it, "NO" because we love the TA.
Best of luck chaps..........................