Still not able to get on ARRSE

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by scaryspice, Mar 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

There are some people who still can't get the site to load. I know this because some of your VU players can't get on (we're using the site forums again this era for co-ord)

Is there an easy answer like deleting caches or something gobbledigook that they can try, or is there still a problem?
  2. CTRL & F5
  3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

4. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

and I'm using dot com so that's not it.... I shall post in the other place Sixty - cheers.

Thanks BFG - I'll tell them that too.
  5. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

OK guys still have a user who can't get past the front page. He can view the site as a guest (which is not much use as the VU forum is hidden...) but every time he tries to log in he just gets a blank screen. He says he's on IE5 (yes I know, but it shouldn't matter should it?) and he's done all the cookie, cache, etc clearing. Was able to get the site to load last night but not all the time apparently and now not at all when he logs in.

Any new ideas appreciated as it's very frustrating for him apparently being the only one with this problem.
  6. PMT?
  7. I got it working no dramas last night and I was out of my face on vodka and rum. Hello, by the way.
  8. Howdy.
  9. tell him to try to re boot his computer and if he is using wireless try to re program I.E. uninstall the program and reinstall it that might do it.
    i had the same problem and that's what i did.
  10. you cnut do one mods o2 this fooker.
  11. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Thanks Wrap for the sensible answer! Sadly someone seems to have nothing better to do than dredge up all my old posts and respond to them. I've already requested his termination. Ignore him and he'll probably go away, just like all his other incarnations did.
  12. thanks see i can be nice when i want to.
  13. noooooooooo
  14. You're always nice to me Wrap. It's sometimes a bit frightening, but I can put up with that.
  15. sluggy i am always nice to you.

that because i love you to bits baby

and you take my breath away when we make love all night long. xx