Still Driving one

why do you want a vehicle that the Army ultimately got rid of as no good and an economical disaster in the fuel side of things? and had the road holding of an upright piano.

why do you want a vehicle that the Army ultimately got rid of as no good and an economical disaster in the fuel side of things? and had the road holding of an upright piano.
Yes but one can cross the channel and the tank uses lots of gas, pianos are great fof drifting

I live on the shore of a bigass lake, so I quite fancy a Stally. If only because it’d piss on the local kids’ chips as the coolest vehicle in town/on the lake. I could probably afford one, and being in the US, I woudn’t worry too much about fuel costs either.

However, given that I’d need a Foden to recover it on the road, and at least a 434 (if not ARRV) to drag it out of the lake bed in the winter when the lake goes down, I’ll pass :)

Interesting.

I spell "stolly" whereas others spell it "stally". I wonder if that's a capbadge thing?

Actually back in 3ADTR they were called boats.

Come to think of it that is not very interesting.

Carry on as if I am not here.

I live on the shore of a bigass lake, so I quite fancy a Stally. If only because it’d piss on the local kids’ chips as the coolest vehicle in town/on the lake. I could probably afford one, and being in the US, I woudn’t worry too much about fuel costs either.

However, given that I’d need a Foden to recover it on the road, and at least a 434 (if not ARRV) to drag it out of the lake bed in the winter when the lake goes down, I’ll pass :)
Is bigass American for large ?.

Interesting.

I spell "stolly" whereas others spell it "stally". I wonder if that's a capbadge thing?

Actually back in 3ADTR they were called boats.

Come to think of it that is not very interesting.

Carry on as if I am not here.
I've always said/spelt stolly too for the nickname.