Still disrupting Berlin with bombs.

Some big boys did it and flew away...

Rodney2q

"Residents of nearby streets were being evacuated ahead of an attempt to remove the Russian bomb's detonator, police told the German news agency dpa."

It will be our fault, if we hadnt won the battle of Britain, Russia would have been defeated and the bomb would not have been dropped.................

Anothery entry coming up for the Septic twat and his "Evil Empire" list I think

I remember once seeing this programme on the telly about how, after the war, the krauts had this really major clear-up of old bombs, doing a very thorough job of it. Well, clearly they missed this one though. However, they made up this very detailed collection of all the different bombs as source of reference.

Just though I'd mention it....

THe Germans left plenty of junk lying all over the place but you don't hear us whining on about it...

Rodney2q

I remember once seeing this programme on the telly about how, after the war, the krauts had this really major clear-up of old bombs, doing a very thorough job of it. Well, clearly they missed this one though. However, they made up this very detailed collection of all the different bombs as source of reference.

Just though I'd mention it....
They missed more than one . Dodesheide Estate was evacuated , (summer of 1984 ) after they found an unexploded WW2 bomb in the Freidhof next door . We spend most of the day in the Green Howard's Cpls mess .

Sent from The Magic Roundabout using Dougals Sugar Cubes and Dylans Carrots

The Germans left plenty of junk lying all over the place but you don't hear us whining on about it...

Rodney2q
Although, to be fair, they did leave those particular examples alles uber der platz in their own country.

...Until we proffed them. :)

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
nice to see the chap in the photo has an engineer small adjustable multi spanner to hand .

J

Joshua Slocum

They missed more than one . Dodesheide Estate was evacuated , (summer of 1984 ) after they found an unexploded WW2 bomb in the Freidhof next door . We spend most of the day in the Green Howard's Cpls mess .

I bet you buggers had a supply of the things ready to bury every time you needed a piss up !!!

No doubt getting hammered on the Mess's lager. ;-) :p :p

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
[Conspiracy theory on]

So Merkel stiffs all the Russians with bank accounts in Cyprus and then a Russian bomb turns up and disrupts a significant part of Berlin just a couple of weeks later.

Very cunning those Russian revenges...

[/Conspiracy theory off]

Wordsmith

AYRSHIRE BARRACKS, M/GLADBACH was a Luftwaffe Airfield in WW2 and was operational to bomb Holland at the start of WW2.

Bomber Command returned the favour and bombed it a few times.

In the early 80's when the RCT Container Park was being built for the RCT Port Squadron Operators, a 500lb British Bomb was discovered and removed.

M/Gladbach Football Club now have a new stadium on the site.

I wonder if any British Bombs were missed on the site clearance.

[Conspiracy theory on]

So Merkel stiffs all the Russians with bank accounts in Cyprus and then a Russian bomb turns up and disrupts a significant part of Berlin just a couple of weeks later.

Very cunning those Russian revenges...

[/Conspiracy theory off]

Wordsmith
Not quite all the Russians, apparently quite a bit of dosh left the island before anybody else could get their sticky mits on it.
However it is interesting that a Russian bomb should turn up, I thought that the Red Army shelled the sh1t out of Berlin and we plus Uncle Sams Army Air Force dropped the big stuff. The Russians even requested that the RAF bomb Swinemunde as they lacked the capability.

AYRSHIRE BARRACKS, M/GLADBACH was a Luftwaffe Airfield in WW2 and was operational to bomb Holland at the start of WW2

Bomber Command returned the favour and bombed it a few times.

In the early 80's when the RCT Container Park was being built for the RCT Port Squadron Operators, a 500lb British Bomb was discovered and removed.

M/Gladbach Football Club now have a new stadium on the site.

I wonder if any British Bombs were missed on the site clearance.
A possibility, it was around 5/6 years ago that an RAF bomb was discovered near the Officers Mess in JHQ. As that area was a wood until JHQ was built it can only be assumed that the bomb was jettisoned, that or the directional consultant really bolloxed the target ident. As both were a common occurence then it can be safely assumed that bombs could be found almost anywhere.

They find one that requires an area evacuation about every six months or so, place is riddled with the things still.

Every building site in a city has to have a EOD (civie type) team check the place over and in the larger cities they have a padre and undertaker on standby in case they dig up any remains that were missed 70 years ago.