sticky keyboard

Yeah can't get it until tomorrow as it's Sunday. DiY market near me or a small shop nearby that only caters for office stuff. Might have something there.
Even ISO wipes can help, most office supply stores stock them. Given the length of time though, you may need to replace the keyboard (hopefully that's all that is affected)

Several options:

Get some distilled water, wash the keyboard out very carefully with it. Laptop off and unplugged, obviously. Leave it to dry completely.

If you are lucky, the laptop keyboard may be in it's own tray (for this very reason), so it might be possible to remove the keyboard (usually requires dismantling the laptop), which would help clean it, or:

Remove keyboard and buy a replacement and fit it.

XXLBelly

On ROPS
On ROPs
Several options:

Get some distilled water, wash the keyboard out very carefully with it. Laptop off and unplugged, obviously. Leave it to dry completely.

If you are lucky, the laptop keyboard may be in it's own tray (for this very reason), so it might be possible to remove the keyboard (usually requires dismantling the laptop), which would help clean it, or:

I'm afraid I am a biff when it comes to repairing computers..only know how to use it but I read this stuff can sort it out.. Good job I don't smoke ..lol

Several options:

nope. don't use water. the metallic elements of the motherboard will rust.

If you have an airing cupboard, you could put the laptop in overnight, that would dry all the liquid
out of the beer, that's how I dry out my trail cameras when they get flooded.
Just make sure you leave the laptop open. HTH

that won't do anything about the stickiness of the underlying residue of the beer.

XXLBelly

On ROPS
On ROPs
On the underside of your laptop it should state the make, mode, and serial number. That information might be of use as to how easy it is to remove the keyboard.
Good idea Batman..
20220626_103451.jpg

XXLBelly

On ROPS
On ROPs
Hardly surprising for a Chinese company...
well i´m online now. sticky but working. ³33³³³ hmm a couple of keys are not working properly the procent key and the others ...oh well
Shows how much I know about computers..lol had no idea it was Chinese.

Latest Threads