Bug Sticky backspace on Ipad?

Please, please please @goodCo and @bad.co.

Can you sort out the sticky backspace issue on iPad.

It’s making Arrse unusable.

Which might be a small mercy.

I've not heard of this before. Can you describe what the issue is please and does anyone else have it?

I get something that might be what @Tedsson means: when composing, if I have to backspace to delete a typo, when I expect to delete a couple of characters, I suddenly find that I have wiped half a sentence. The cursor just seems to take off with a mind of its own and keeps going left, gobbling up text which is very annoying.

Yes here too, typing is generally very slow, thought it was the iPad until now. Symptoms are you type the word out and about 30 seconds later the word appears in the text box.

I’ve found this but thought it may be down to the latest IOS upgrade as it’s happened a couple of times on other forums.
I too experience the backspace pacman effect but I haven't updated my iPad since IOS 10.3.3 because I am still using a 32 bit app that will cease working once IOS 11.x is installed.

The backspace issue definitely started with the Great Arrse Upgrade of 2018 rather than any IOS changes.

elovabloke

ADC
I get something that might be what @Tedsson means: when composing, if I have to backspace to delete a typo, when I expect to delete a couple of characters, I suddenly find that I have wiped half a sentence. The cursor just seems to take off with a mind of its own and keeps going left, gobbling up text which is very annoying.
Happing on Arrse now and I always get it on another forum i am a member off and previously presumed it was just their site as they don't update it.

Had exactly the same issues

We've already upgraded ARRSE to the version of XF that contains the fix. As already mentioned, can those with the problem see if they still get it when they toggle the BBCode editor mode?

I’m having the backspace problem on my iPad as well, my updates are all current and it is only happening with ARRSE.

We've already upgraded ARRSE to the version of XF that contains the fix. As already mentioned, can those with the problem see if they still get it when they toggle the BBCode editor mode?
I have just tried backspacing through a block of pasted text in both editor modes...

In the default (wysiwyg) mode the backspace is a voracious character hungry beast but in the BBCode editor? mode, the beast is tamed and benign.

(iPad Air 2 / iOS 10.3.3)

HTH

I have just tried backspacing through a block of pasted text in both editor modes...

In the default (wysiwyg) mode the backspace is a voracious character hungry beast but in the BBCode editor? mode, the beast is tamed and benign.

(iPad Air 2)

HTH
What is this BBCode thing? I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about or how to access it.

What is this BBCode thing? I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about or how to access it.
In the reply box, the little gear wheel icon toggles the editor mode between the normal one where everything is done with the editing icons above your reply and a basic editor where there are no icons to assist and if you want to say, write in bold underlined blue italics, you have to manually include the BB Code to achieve the desired effect.

BB code appears between square brackets... if you quote a post by somebody else, you will see the BB Code in their post like

[QOUTE]blah blah[/QOUTE].​

Note, I have deliberately spelled Quote wrongly.

Any help?

In the reply box, the little gear wheel icon toggles the editor mode between the normal one where everything is done with the editing icons above your reply and a basic editor where there are no icons to assist and if you want to say, write in bold underlined blue italics, you have to manually include the BB Code to achieve the desired effect.

BB code appears between square brackets... if you quote a post by somebody else, you will see the BB Code in their post like

[QOUTE]blah blah[/QOUTE].​

Note, I have deliberately spelled Quote wrongly.

Any help?
Yes, thank you.