Stick to job choices or go for infantry?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by akr05, Dec 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all just looking for abit of advice, my recruiter rang me this morning and told me he could get me in sooner if I would be interested in going for the infantry. I was told that my jobs had no dates for intakes and I could get a date for March or April if I went for infantry any help would be nice. Thanks

2. Depends, do you want infantry?

A few months wait is better than joining something you MAY regret, you may really enjoy it on the other hand.

If you have been offered the chance of a trade i would say hang fast for dates.

Really your decision, i took the first thing i was offered (6 days after signing up)and have regretted it since.

3. whats your other job options?

4. 1) tank crewman (light dragoons)
    2) RE C3 systems
    3) RA light gunner

5. I got a high C grade at ADSC so don't think my options a very good as all A and B grades go infront for my job choices so I could be looking at more than a few months wait.

6. This is good advice matey, wait out for YOUR choices, you WILL regret not hanging on. Good luck

7. I know C grades are finding it hard to get an intake an anything other than infantry. Trades want B or A grades, I passed my selection with a grade A last week and im looking at June time before i go !

8. If your going to go Infantry do it ASAP before all the spots are gone, From what i've read on Armyjobs Facebook there is still intakes for March. I have heard aswell that grade C's get loaded 3 months before the training date, so speak to your recruiter about the possibilty ASAP.

9. Thanks everyone for the help I just don't have a clue what to do, I really want to get in sooner rather than later but don't want to regret making a wrong choice.

10. It's in your court fella, if you really dont want to go Infantry then dont, i know how frustrating the wait is but good things come to those who wait!

11. I will say the same thing ive said before. Dont settle for second best. Stick to your choices and wait it out.

12. Infantry is taking A/B's from now on C's not looking too good