Stick Man

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by armourer, Jul 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do you still have a Stick Man on Guard mounting or has this "tradition" died out ?
  2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

stick man, cans of starch and really bulled boots - sorry love never got stick man says he with massive hangover from all night bender from downtown Munster
  3. Ever nick a pushbike from Munster Bahnhoff after a night on the wazz to get back to camp.....those were the days :D
  4. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

who never
  5. Same deal while in Minden, Guardroom store had a right collection every Monday, and then there where many that ended up in hedges, ditches, and in the Pads areas, German bike shops must have gone bust when we left!!.
  6. Never been done anywhere I've been.
  7. That was my bike you c*nt!!!!!
  8. I don't think we have enough soldiers any more to support Neue Arbeit's foreign policy, maintain operational roles and put together guards at establishments - with enough fat to let the really shiny one have a night off!

...some of the MOD Guard Farce look like they need a stick to walk with though...
  9. Stick man, Ive only ever got it once. The guard paraded for its customary ongoing inspection, I think most of them had Bulled their boots and used the NAAFIs entire stock of starch on their creases. I made the neccesary measures to look smart and soldier like, but in comparison to the others, looked like a bag of schitt. The Guard commander gave me stick Man because the others were trying to hard. He said "If youve got that much time to spend on your kit, then youve got feck all else to do. So you may as well be on guard. Get away Pte Skjold" :lol:

10. One of my platoon was paid 1000DM to do a friday night guard by another chap, squared his kit away, got stick man and was laughing all the way to the brothel.
  11. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Was this after Das Reich had changed to euros ?
  12. The only time I ever got stick man was when the other five bods slated for duty all reported sick. So I was made stick man, while the DO went off to find another five "volunteers".