Stewards Wanted Over the Summer

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by pitmans, May 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. .
    We are currently on the lookout for Stewards and Security to work with us on a range of exciting and memorable events this summer, including the Olympics.

We are looking for impressionable, confident and reliable people who have customer service experience, are able to work long hours and are confident; also live in London, Surrey, Kent or the surrounding areas, and are able to travel to London with ease.

You will be required to work with us on live events throughout the summer, where you will work as 'the eyes and ears' of the occasion by monitoring the crowd, passing on information to the public, and controlling traffic, plus much more.

Training will be provided and fully funded by us.

These dates will range from June to August,.
    The pay for Stewards will be £6.50ph, Supervisors £10.00ph and Sia trained Security £9.50ph
    These will be long shifts (minimum 12 hours) and early starts

If this sounds like something which is of interest to you then pop an email to
    We look forward to hearing from you.
  2. So what are you paying your people, bearing in mind that demand is far out stripping supply?
  3. Trying again without even sorting out the punctuation or responding to the questions asked in the other thread. Not poor, but pathetic. Perhaps the clue is in the company name.
  4. 2nd post under a different title, why??
  5. Because he/they think we are stupid.
  6. Oh deary me. Impressionable = susceptible to impressions, easily influenced. Pisspoor, unless there's a bit of grooming action going on.
  7. Alot of people who post/read these forums will be going anyway and I bet they get paid less than £6.50 per hour for working longer than a 12 hr day...
  8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

A quick Google on the first line turns up a similar ad at Student Jobs Summer Events Stewards - London - where they are looking for "
    bubbly, impressionable, confident and reliable people"

Why are they not looking for bubbly people here on the ARRSE? I am sure we can do bubbly if we try. I for one will bubble my bloody eyes out if I have to read this ad one more time.
  9. Just **** right off..I would rather lie on the beach!
  10. I hate bubbly people.
  11. walkyrie

walkyrie Old-Salt Book Reviewer

I always thougth 'Bubbly' was used to describe fat girls with nice personalities, but who chat too much for their own good.
  12. ....................£6.50 an hour!:hungry:

Watch out, you don't get trampled in the stampede!:yawnstretch:
  13. Aye that Veuve Clicquot is a right miserable cow!
    • Like Like x 1
  14. If you get flamed on one thread, try posting the same tempting offer on another.

At least he's now dropped his demand for a full CV from applicants wanting to stand about with plate of cheeseburgers for a pittance.

He'll get a lot more than £6.50 for every mong who signs up for this.
  15. where do I sign up? only ******* joking I would rather shit razor wire thats 60ft long, than get out of bed for 6.50 ph