Steven Gerrard arrested !!

From todays Liverpool Echo ( too mongy to do a link) seems like Stevies been a naughty boy :D

Liverpool FC captain Steven Gerrard arrested after disturbance
Dec 29 2008 Luke Traynor, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL FC captain Steven Gerrard is in custody today after police were called to a Merseyside nightspot.

The 28 year-old was arrested in the early hours of this morning on Bold Street, Southport, following a disturbance at licensed premises.

A 34 year-old man, from Southport, suffered facial injuries which are not said to be serious, and was taken to hospital.

The Liverpool FC star spent the rest of the night in the cells and is still being quizzed about the incident.

Police officers were called to premises at around 2.30am where they detained six people on suspicion of section 20 assault.

Four men, aged 33, 31, 29 and 19, from Huyton, Gerrard, from Formby, and an 18 year-old man, from Litherland, were all arrested.

A Merseyside Police said: “We are investigating an assault in the early hours of the morning on Lord Street.

“Officers attended a licensed premises where they detained six people on suspicion of Section 20 assault. They are still being questioned.”

So why is this news? So someone who kicks a ball for a living gets lifted on suspicion of being a criminal. is he speshul or summit?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Move this thread to the NAAFI drunk chavs fighting is not 'news'.

BuggerAll said:
Move this thread to the NAAFI drunk chavs fighting is not 'news'.
Seconded :D

Outrage minibus for Wimmens Institute daytrip called.........

TIGER-MONKEY said:
So why is this news? So someone who kicks a ball for a living gets lifted on suspicion of being a criminal. is he speshul or summit?

mmmm maybe because its in a newspaper :roll: special perhaps because he captains a top premier league football club

DigitalGeek said:
So the fact that he gets paid a gazillion quid a week, means he is above the fcuking law does it? Does it fcuk. Jail the knob.
Show me where I've said he is above the law you throbber read the post , personally I'd loved to see him banged up being an Evertonian

le_crabe_tambour said:
TIGER-MONKEY said:

mmmm maybe because its in a newspaper :roll: special perhaps because he captains a top premier league football club
Don’t bother, your wasting your breath, the middle England crowd have been on the sherry already today it seems.

Its just so very inconvenient that over 90% of the British army happen to be from the so called Chav background that some people on this (British Army Website) take delight in looking down their oh so superior noses at

So unless it’s about the glorious sport of Fox Hunting how can it be interesting news

Now where’s me Carlsberg spechul brew gone :wink:

You didn't say it, mate. I did! Personally, I have had it up to the tyts with this constant obsession with "celebrity culture". FFS they kick an inflated plastic orb around for 90 mins, and suddenly they are catapulted into the realms of the "great and good", paid fcuking obscene amounts of cash, and in reality contribute very little.

They earn on average in one week, the same as a Tom getting his arrse shot off makes in 4 YEARS. They are a bunch of parasitic chavs.

Bunch of CNUTS!

CAARPS said:
le_crabe_tambour said:
TIGER-MONKEY said:

Don’t bother, your wasting your breath, the middle England crowd have been on the sherry already today it seems.

Its just so very inconvenient that over 90% of the British army happen to be from the so called Chav background that some people on this (British Army Website) take delight in looking down their oh so superior noses at

So unless it’s about the glorious sport of Fox Hunting how can it be interesting news

Now where’s me Carlsberg spechul brew gone :wink:
I'm sure the press conference will be an interesting one.

I would say this is "News" as somebody "high-profile" is involved and if he is found guilty of anything it may effect the lives of many fans (Pathetic I know).

DigitalGeek said:
You didn't say it, mate. I did! Personally, I have had it up to the tyts with this constant obsession with "celebrity culture". FFS they kick an inflated plastic orb around for 90 mins, and suddenly they are catapulted into the realms of the "great and good", paid fcuking obscene amounts of cash, and in reality contribute very little.

They earn on average in one week, the same as a Tom getting his arrse shot off makes in 4 YEARS. They are a bunch of parasitic chavs.

Bunch of CNUTS!
Or just lucky enough to capitalise on a skill that millions of people are willing to pay them millions of pounds to use.

I know if I had a skill that could earn me those kinds of sums then I would never have stagged on in a shell scrape for a living.

The interesting thing about some footballers is that if they hadn't have been given the chances they had then they could have possibly been the next name on the stag list.

I don't blame them for playing. I blame us for paying. If the grounds were empty and the tele's were off they would all be in the job centre.

If anyone finds that this affects their life even though they are not involved then they must be mentally sub-normal. Of course they are Chavs (according to CAARPS) so it must be so.

Lets just wait and see to what extent he was involved. They said on the radio earlier on that several people were arrested and not just him. I bet many of us here have been out with mates on the pop when something has kicked off, for which we had little responsibility or involvement.

Of course it’s news, check the online front page of any of the main newspapers (tabloid or broadsheet).

It is a multi-Billion pound world wide entertainment industry and one of the top performers in the UK has been arrested. It may not sit comfortably with people that entertainers get paid gross amounts of money, however, that’s what comes of living in a market economy. I think it’s called Supply & Demand

Just because these people come from a (mainly) working class background why can’t they grasp an opportunity. Is it there fault that they take advantage of a situation.

How much does a top actor get paid for a single film 10, 12 million? What if he makes 2 a year? Divide that by 52 weeks and see what he is getting paid a week. Where is the outrage bus for him?

I happen to enjoy football very much, however, if he is guilty of an offence he deserves everything coming to him. Similar to people who speed and get caught by speed cameras (oh no I forgot, they are nasty and unfair and the law is an ass etc, etc…….).

It certainly won’t affect my life, however, it is news worthy.

I have no interest in actors who are arrested either.

They are not impressive people at all. They are entertainers who repeat what they have been told to say by someone else.

So none of these so called speshul people are in any way speshul and I do not see why anyone would care about them.

On the other hand you sound like an inverted snob of the worst kind.

Well I'm interested to see what happens. If only to see if he is treated the same as everyone else would be. So if its okay by you, can I class it as news and see what happens?

Like all drunken idiots...Stevie has let himself and his goodie two shoes reputation down!! Kids look up to these overpaid idiots and what lessons are there to be learnt here? Its easy to have a go at the tit who got involved and started something with Stevie....but if he had walked away then he wouldnt have been arrested!! Doh !!