• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Steve Mc Claren,aka Mc Donut!!

The mans an utter idiot who is totally out of his depth as England manager.After watching his multi millionaires play possibly the worst game i've ever seen England play he must go!!
Who is there to take over though?

Sam Allardyce
Arsene Wenger
Phil Scolari
The bloke at Reading (im having a mental block)

Apparantly, McClaren was told by a friend that Englands performance was one of the best of the weekend. I wonder if this "friend" is small, green and sits on his shoulder telling himthat he must play 4-4-2

drain_sniffer said:
Sam Allardyce
Arsene Wenger
Phil Scolari
Steve Coppell
But then Big Sam would lose his transfer money...Arsese Wenger... will he ever leave Arsenal, god I hope so!

My vote goes to Martin O'Neil, Curbs or even el Tel!

drain_sniffer said:
Sam Allardyce
Arsene Wenger
Phil Scolari

Apparantly, McClaren was told by a friend that Englands performance was one of the best of the weekend. I wonder if this "friend" is small, green and sits on his shoulder telling himthat he must play 4-4-2
Seen that myself Drain Sniffer,i think the bloke has lost it totally!!
I know a few Middleboro fans and to a man they detest the bloke.I also know someone who's well in at Derby County and he wasn't too popular there as well.
As for Scolari,no chance after the FA made such a F**K UP in trying to get him in the first place!
Allardyce i can't see because the FA won't want him due to the " allegations" about illegal payments!!
Might as well ask Sven,i mean he's still being paid by the FA!!
ps,I don't mean that by the way!!!!!

I don't think it matters what coach we get in, the english players are that arrogant and up their own arses they will achieve nothing in the England shirt. Last time they looked like a proper team was back in 1996 with Shearer, Sherringham and Gazza running the show. Do we have to win all our remaining games now to win the group?

baz1986 said:
I don't think it matters what coach we get in, the english players are that arrogant and up their own arses they will achieve nothing in the England shirt. Last time they looked like a proper team was back in 1996 with Shearer, Sherringham and Gazza running the show. Do we have to win all our remaining games now to win the group?
Basically yes,however you're spot on with your point about the players.
They are totally overhyped by the media and with the Premiership full of Foreigners now any English players who are remotely good are labelled world class!!
English football is on a downward spiral,we'll never win a major tournament again and the richer will get richer off Sky money and exploited hard working fans conned into paying over the odds every week.Everyone shopuld stand together and boycott games.
Never happen though!!!

baz1986 said:
I would disagree. The players are used to working with top class coaches and alongside world class players in a league that is IMHO the best in the world. You then take them into an environment where mediocre coaches with limited tactical ability give them instruction to play in a way that is totaly alien to them. If we played our internationals in a way we played in the league we would be in a much stronger position

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Personally I think that McLaren is doing a great job and hope that he continues to do so for a long time to come :wave:

If England plays the way we did last night in the second half, I have no problems, however, after that first half 'perfomance' I was surprised the McDoughnut (English spelling) had the cheek to show his face after half time.

Oh, and well done to Wales, Norn Iron and Italy.

The box for 'communication skills' remains un-ticked.

As he was talking it made me realise that a Frog thug/footballer talking about seagulls made more sense.

Still not convinced after our win against Andrex or whatever they were called. Anyone think we will win the group?

I'm a Sunderland supporter so often look forward to the England games as a break from our often dour matches, but give me a match at the stadium of light vs Southend any day of the week (No offence to the Southend fans)

The media is just as bad, we were shite against Portugal in the World Cup but rather than blame our performance everyone attacks Cristiano Ronaldo who has proven this season in the Premiership just how good he is despite a balance problem....

commander-adama said:
baz1986 said:
Basically yes,however you're spot on with your point about the players.
They are totally overhyped by the media and with the Premiership full of Foreigners now any English players who are remotely good are labelled world class!!
English football is on a downward spiral,we'll never win a major tournament again and the richer will get richer off Sky money and exploited hard working fans conned into paying over the odds every week.Everyone shopuld stand together and boycott games.
Never happen though!!!
Fully agree. I've said it before, the players are paid way way too much for their 'skill' when you don't see it when it come down to the crunch. It's now all about the money and I would say that about my own prem team as well.
Playing for the national team should be a privilege, its supposed to mean that you've been picked because you're the best of the best and the pay is a bonus on top of that.
There's no way you can bet on an England match because they are inconsistent and there's no way I'd travel as far as Israel or Andorra to watch them either; I would be disappointed to travel so far for such a big letdown. I would say the same each time the World Cup comes round too, we won't win it if the priorities don't change. I don't know how we are supposed to be in the top ten of world's best team.

commander-adama said:
drain_sniffer said:
Sam Allardyce
Arsene Wenger
Phil Scolari

I know a few Middleboro fans and to a man they detest the bloke.I also know someone who's well in at Derby County and he wasn't too popular there as well.
As for Scolari,no chance after the FA made such a F**K UP in trying to get him in the first place!
Allardyce i can't see because the FA won't want him due to the " allegations" about illegal payments!!
He was ALWAYS popular at Derby county.
Could do no wrong in a rams fans eyes.
And Man u wanted him for two years before he finally went.
England are just crap!

taboo said:
commander-adama said:
drain_sniffer said:
Sam Allardyce
Arsene Wenger
Phil Scolari

He was ALWAYS popular at Derby county.
Could do no wrong in a rams fans eyes.
And Man u wanted him for two years before he finally went.
England are just crap!
Agree with the fact that England are crap.
As regards Rams fans and McClarenlike i said i know some who think the blokes a pr**k,but a good mate who's a season ticket holder thinks he's great and can do no wrong!!
I think personally he's a natural no 2 and not a good manager.
Would you have him in charge of the Rams instead of Billy Davies??

The England manager MUST be able to devour the press. The only one to do that in my lifetime was El Tel (Cloughie ate them for breakfast but never had his chance at the job).

Neil Warnock

That bunch of prima donnas are hardly going to play any better (apart from the excellent Stevie G). So we might as well have some interesting after match interviews.

Before everyone jumps on the bandwagon about players being overpaid premadonnas or whatever, lets remember that following the the debarcle in 1970, England failed to qualify for the following 4 tournaments, whilst English teams dominated Europe in the late 70's and 80's, we failed misserably at international level. I dont think you can blame too much pay with those players.

The fact is, as a nation our coaching ability has always been poor, and our FA politically motivated. Where Europe has improved greatly in coaching ability and technique, we have been way behined. Some one tell me the last time the FA Cup was one with an English manager at the helm?

Until the relativly few English talanted managers are given a chance, it will always be a Mike Basset at the helm

I completely agree, most of our team when fit would get into any international side, Terry, Ferdinand, Gerard, Lamps, Rooney even Owen. So therefore if the players are good it's down to the management to get the most out of them and tactically be sound.

Latest Threads