Steroids

Im not really sure where this topic should be posted so ill just post it here.
Regarding steroid use, i have taken a steroid about 2 months back and the steroid is supposed to stay in your system for 3 months. Problem is i just got a call saying i got my ASDC end of february. What are the chances of the steroids showing up in the urine test? Do they even test for steroids or just recreational drugs, coke, heroin etc? And no i do not take steroids anymore it was a big mistake and will never do again. Cheers

nba2005uk said:
Regarding steroid use, i have taken a steroid about 2 months back and the steroid is supposed to stay in your system for 3 months. Problem is i just got a call saying i got my ASDC end of february. What are the chances of the steroids showing up in the urine test? Do they even test for steroids or just recreational drugs, coke, heroin etc? And no i do not take steroids anymore it was a big mistake and will never do again. Cheers
Did you take it over a longer period, or was it a one time thing?

I did a 6 week cycle. But my last dose was about 2 months back? I have heard they dont test for steroids but you can never be certain. I spoke to somebody on the armyjobs site, and he sed not to worry about it at ASDC but he didnt explain why? Any ideas?

nba2005uk said:
I did a 6 week cycle. But my last dose was about 2 months back? I have heard they dont test for steroids but you can never be certain. I spoke to somebody on the armyjobs site, and he sed not to worry about it at ASDC but he didnt explain why? Any ideas?
Assuming that this was a prescribed medication of Steroids to treat a specific condition, then your medical notes will confirm the prescription.

No probs - got picked up a few years back for the same. People "panic" about the word because of the connection to steroid abuse - which is a somewhat different issue.

No it wasnt a doctors prescription if that was the case then i wouldnt ask. I know it was the wrong thing to do but its in the past now. So does anybody know if they test for steroids in your medical or not? Surely someone must know.

ABrighter2006 said:
nba2005uk said:
Assuming that this was a prescribed medication of Steroids to treat a specific condition, then your medical notes will confirm the prescription.

No probs - got picked up a few years back for the same. People "panic" about the word because of the connection to steroid abuse - which is a somewhat different issue.
I'm pretty sure he's talking about abusing steroids.

My mate is in the marines and he says there's quite a lot of them doing steroids (not for medicinal purposes) and he says it's obvious they're on them too.

Made me wonder what the policy is on them and if it came up on drug tests. :?

No im talking about buying them and taking a low dose for a short time. Abusing them would be to take them for a long time at a high dose.

nba2005uk said:
No it wasnt a doctors prescription if that was the case then i wouldnt ask. I know it was the wrong thing to do but its in the past now. So does anybody know if they test for steroids in your medical or not? Surely someone must know.
Sorry - wasn't clear from your first post that you were talking recreational ab/use. :)

nba2005uk said:
No im talking about buying them and taking a low dose for a short time. Abusing them would be to take them for a long time at a high dose.
I think "abuse" means to take them for anything other than medicinal purposes ie in this country not prescribed by a doctor

I already know everything stated in that link. And i know that the steroid i used takes 3 months to leave your body. My question was, do they test for steroids in your medical, or just the rec drugs like weed, coke, heroin etc? A test for steroids is an individual test and can cost over a grand per test, thats why im not sure whether they test for them?

Bollocks. Nandrolone (for example) is detectable almost two years after taking it. Stuff like equipoise can last a long time too.

What did you take?

BTW, Mac1 is right. If you buy it and take it without a prescription, you're abusing it. End of story. None of this 'oh I only did a little bit' rubbish.

How can you tell if a friend is abusing steroids? Sometimes it’s hard to tell. But there are signs you can look for. If your friend has one or more of the following warning signs, he or she may be abusing steroids:

For Guys:

* Baldness
* Development of breasts
* Impotence

For Girls:

* Growth of facial hair
* Deepened voice
* Breast reduction

For Both:

* Jaundice (yellowing of the skin)
* Swelling of feet or ankles
* Aching joints
* Bad breath
* Mood swings
* Nervousness
* Trembling
Bring it on, baldy man-boobs.

that reminds me, I knew a couple of transport policemen at my gym who took them; it wasn't (1991!) and isn't (AFAIK) illegal to take them for your own personal use because (as one of them told me) they weren't mind altering (attempts were being made to make them wholly illegal, as opposed to just dealing in them). Then again, that was a long time ago, and there might be different rules for forces now.

nba2005uk said:
The pi55 test at ADSC isnt for drugs; its for diabetes, blood sugar levels etc. However you do have a full pukka drugs test at basic and everything will show up, the tests are conducted to the same standards as professional athletes. anyway, i think youve got bigger things to worry about, shrimp dick!!

mac1 said:
that reminds me, I knew a couple of transport policemen at my gym who took them; it wasn't (1991!) and isn't (AFAIK) illegal to take them for your own personal use because (as one of them told me) they weren't mind altering (attempts were being made to make them wholly illegal, as opposed to just dealing in them). Then again, that was a long time ago, and there might be different rules for forces now.
Possession and importation of max 3 months supply for personal use only is not illegal. Supplying them to anyone else is.
http://www.mesomorphosis.com/articles/lowther/united-kingdom.htm
http://www.mesomorphosis.com/articles/lowther/united-kingdom.htm
http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/steroid-testosterone-information/38667-imporatation-steroids-law.html
http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/steroid-testosterone-information/42773-steroids-law-uk.html

But is it actually 'illegal' in the forces? i.e if you are tested and you come up positive will you get thrown out/not allowed in as you would if you came up positive for ecstacy/cocaine/heroin/etc.

Or

Would you just be frowned upon by the fact you could out perform everyone else on the assault course or more importantly when sculpting the guns in the gym and therefore pulling more (ropey) lasses?
:?