Steroids - whats the deal??

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Sgt_Henno_Garvie, Oct 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A mate of mine wants to join the regs (i must have told him how poo the TA is one too many times). However he injects himself with steroids including Nandralone and Testosterone to bulk him up. Will this affect his chances of joining when he gets a medical examination. I couldnt help him with this one so any thoughts, or facts would be much appreciated.

2. If he doubles his dossage IM he will end up in special forces good luck to him

3. hmmm... Let's think about this for a moment.

He injects himself with Anabolic Steroids, what do you think?

4. I thought steroids were illegal?

5. Steroid legallity is sketchy, medicinal/pharmaceutical grade is kind of legal to personally posess/use. Regardless though I imagine the Army would take a dim view of prior/current use if they did find out.

6. And your experience of this is?

Frankly, with a name like "Henno Garvie", and your location as "Red Troop Hereford", I think you're a bit of a cunt.

Cunt.

And yes, the army love people who inject themselves rather than go to the gym. :x :x

7. Steroids fall under Class C drugs, although they are legal to possess and use, the penalty for supply is a fine and up to two years jail.
    Personal possesion is anything up to £430 of steroids, which can be quite a lot, and its very rare for anyone to be charged with supply

8. Using Anabolics shrink certain 'vital' parts, so I hear :p

9. Really? I thought it was still illegal, but the penalty had been reduced.

15. Maybe his mate has Body Dismorphia and wants to have a hulk like body and genitals the size of a baby carrot and a couple of peas?