Steroids use/abuse

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Humite_Yubee, Jun 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please help with the following discussion. There is anecdotal evidence of the use of steroids by serving personnel for body building and if that is the case where do those users get hold of sterile injecting equipment? I know that some pharmacies provide free needles to drug addicts but that these are not usually suitable for steroid injection into muscle. The question is should the NHS provide free injecting equipment available from high street pharmacies?

2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

And the answer is no.

3. Of course they should, its no fun though queing for your pins in a drop in clinic in Dewsbury with the cast of Fraggle Rock twitching and jittering around you.

4. The sickbay/medcenter will normally give you your needles. If the medical senior is switched on he/she might give you a teach on injecting safely.

If they are c0ck weasels they'll probably charge you for the needles

5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Your shitting me? injecting steroids is allowable? well fuck me the Army's gone down hill!

6. No it hasn't, we're all fucking massive now.

7. OP MASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE

8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

fcking gym queens :p

9. Don't bench without a spotter

[​IMG]

10. But won't it save money? Apparently costs £20-30k per annum to treat hep C!

11. This is very enlightened. I wonder how wide spread this would be and whether medics/Dr's get guidance on how to approach this area?

12. I'm sure the CoC would be happy to know that our MedCen staff appear to be facilitating the use of banned substances, which are deemed incompatible with Army life, for financial gain.

Steroid use is not allowed in the Forces, end of. But if you want to take your chances with some moody liquid in a vial from Hungary, ending up with acne like a cartoon character and a penis the size of a half eaten cocktail sausage, all in the name of Vanity then crack on. Just don't come crying when it all goes wrong and CDT come a knocking at the camp gates.

13. Everyone is hep'd up anyhow as we were all drinking smudges p!ss at the company BBQ

The MO generally refers steroid users off on to the Dento, he has some funky fine needles and TBH has less of a workload, normally managing to get a round of golf in every other afternoon

The general guidance for this area is, if big gaz from the store asks for something he gets it, he normally sends one of his gimps around.

Sometimes its worth taking trades with you if you need something from the store. Its notoriously difficult as stores are for storing, but a box of U100 insulin 1/2 cc will get you a good few buckshee sets of PLCE webbing

14. Yawn :roll:

15. See Taff Wars on YouTube.

"Now that, down by there, is the Rhondda Valley. You won't find a bigger collection of pissheads, slappers and steroid boys. Be careful down there mind - big style."