Steroids use/abuse

Please help with the following discussion. There is anecdotal evidence of the use of steroids by serving personnel for body building and if that is the case where do those users get hold of sterile injecting equipment? I know that some pharmacies provide free needles to drug addicts but that these are not usually suitable for steroid injection into muscle. The question is should the NHS provide free injecting equipment available from high street pharmacies?

BiscuitsAB

LE
Humite_Yubee said:
Please help with the following discussion. There is anecdotal evidence of the use of steroids by serving personnel for body building and if that is the case where do those users get hold of sterile injecting equipment? I know that some pharmacies provide free needles to drug addicts but that these are not usually suitable for steroid injection into muscle. The question is should the NHS provide free injecting equipment available from high street pharmacies?
And the answer is no.

The sickbay/medcenter will normally give you your needles. If the medical senior is switched on he/she might give you a teach on injecting safely.

If they are c0ck weasels they'll probably charge you for the needles

thegimp said:
The sickbay/medcenter will normally give you your needles. If the medical senior is switched on he/she might give you a teach on injecting safely.

If they are c0ck weasels they'll probably charge you for the needles
This is very enlightened. I wonder how wide spread this would be and whether medics/Dr's get guidance on how to approach this area?

I'm sure the CoC would be happy to know that our MedCen staff appear to be facilitating the use of banned substances, which are deemed incompatible with Army life, for financial gain.

Steroid use is not allowed in the Forces, end of. But if you want to take your chances with some moody liquid in a vial from Hungary, ending up with acne like a cartoon character and a penis the size of a half eaten cocktail sausage, all in the name of Vanity then crack on. Just don't come crying when it all goes wrong and CDT come a knocking at the camp gates.

Humite_Yubee said:
But won't it save money? Apparently costs £20-30k per annum to treat hep C!
Everyone is hep'd up anyhow as we were all drinking smudges p!ss at the company BBQ

The MO generally refers steroid users off on to the Dento, he has some funky fine needles and TBH has less of a workload, normally managing to get a round of golf in every other afternoon

The general guidance for this area is, if big gaz from the store asks for something he gets it, he normally sends one of his gimps around.

Sometimes its worth taking trades with you if you need something from the store. Its notoriously difficult as stores are for storing, but a box of U100 insulin 1/2 cc will get you a good few buckshee sets of PLCE webbing

thegimp said:
Humite_Yubee said:
But won't it save money? Apparently costs £20-30k per annum to treat hep C!
Everyone is hep'd up anyhow as we were all drinking smudges p!ss at the company BBQ

The MO generally refers steroid users off on to the Dento, he has some funky fine needles and TBH has less of a workload, normally managing to get a round of golf in every other afternoon

The general guidance for this area is, if big gaz from the store asks for something he gets it, he normally sends one of his gimps around.

Sometimes its worth taking trades with you if you need something from the store. Its notoriously difficult as stores are for storing, but a box of U100 insulin 1/2 cc will get you a good few buckshee sets of PLCE webbing
Yawn :roll:

See Taff Wars on YouTube.

"Now that, down by there, is the Rhondda Valley. You won't find a bigger collection of pissheads, slappers and steroid boys. Be careful down there mind - big style."

whosthedaddy said:
I'm sure the CoC would be happy to know that our MedCen staff appear to be facilitating the use of banned substances, which are deemed incompatible with Army life, for financial gain.

Steroid use is not allowed in the Forces, end of. But if you want to take your chances with some moody liquid in a vial from Hungary, ending up with acne like a cartoon character and a penis the size of a half eaten cocktail sausage, all in the name of Vanity then crack on. Just don't come crying when it all goes wrong and CDT come a knocking at the camp gates.
I see. It's not allowed therefore no one is doing it. That makes it quite clear. But if one did do it would CDT detect it?

Humite_Yubee said:
Okay I will bite.

From my point of view, if you have a source to get the steroids from, then obtaining needles, syringes etc isnt going to be a major problem is it.

Should the NHS provide free injecting equipment for bodybuilders?..... of course not. Steriod users are not junkies, will not share needles and in turn are not at risk of the same dangers associated with heroin abuse, so why should they?

Are steroids used by serving personnel? Yes - but no more than those who abuse cocaine, ecstasy, speed etc and whatever way you cut it, they are illegal in the Forces.

Finally in my opinion, the genetic make up/diet/trainng regime of a bodybuilder is just not suited to the Army. A 5% bodyfat ratio, 6 meals a day, protein drinks, minimum 8 hours sleep etc. Its just not feesible and working muscles (ie: a combination of strength, explosive power, endurance etc) will benefit you far more.

Humite_yubee

C0CK off this is neither a steroid 101 forum or a mine for lazy journos.

jarrod248 said:
Humite_Yubee said:
whosthedaddy said:

I see. It's not allowed therefore no one is doing it. That makes it quite clear. But if one did do it would CDT detect it?
No your mood swings and generally acting like a cnut will give it away so anyone with an untrained eye will notice.
great ive just found out i have MS and have just been put on steriods now im realy looking forward to the mood swings oh well more for the other half to put up with and i thought id just get big muscles

Spenny said:
Humite_Yubee said:
Okay I will bite.

From my point of view, if you have a source to get the steroids from, then obtaining needles, syringes etc isnt going to be a major problem is it.

Should the NHS provide free injecting equipment for bodybuilders?..... of course not. Steriod users are not junkies, will not share needles and in turn are not at risk of the same dangers associated with heroin abuse, so why should they?

Are steroids used by serving personnel? Yes - but no more than those who abuse cocaine, ecstasy, speed etc and whatever way you cut it, they are illegal in the Forces.

Finally in my opinion, the genetic make up/diet/trainng regime of a bodybuilder is just not suited to the Army. A 5% bodyfat ratio, 6 meals a day, protein drinks, minimum 8 hours sleep etc. Its just not feesible and working muscles (ie: a combination of strength, explosive power, endurance etc) will benefit you far more.
Excellent, thank you. If there is no evidence of BBVs in steroid users (and i am looking for the evidence elswhere) then great, we need not bother to supply steroid packs from pharmacies. It might be more about education for injectors of the dangers of sharing or re-using works. Those using steroids might think they will not need to work so hard in the gym to get the results so service personnel may be tempted. I'm in business of help and harm reduction and find your comments really useful.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Army Pay, Claims & JPA 40
F Army Pay, Claims & JPA 6
VerminWA The NAAFI Bar 2