Sterling climbs back to almost $2/£1

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Litotes, Apr 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sterling has climbed back to almost two dollars to the pound, and the Euro has climbed to a new high against the Yen.

Will Florida become the new place to be?

Is the so-called Med-Club heading for financial meltdown?

Uranium is rocketing and oil is climbing steadily as OPEC persuades its members not to pump oil.

So, I'm in my "we're all doomed" mode, although I recognise that not everyone will feel the same way!

Any opinions from the shopfloor will be very welcome!

2. I suggest that you join the Army. You could be needed soon. :roll:

edited 'cos I'm a Mong.
  3. It seems strange that it takes so long to get up there.

The pound against the canadian dollar is up and down like a whores draws!
  4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

You need to get your tinfoil hat on old chap. As I understand it (and I do understand it well, because I have a red phone to the powers-that-be and a back door to Mandelson, but that's another story), people who shall remain nameless have sent others to investigate the plantation of Roses and to all intents and purposes, and from their most recent reports, it has about it an vision of loverlyness and is a great thing to behold. They have taken root and are in full bloom as I write this, despite the nay-sayers and disbelievers out there who would have you believe that the very soil is both arid and infected with plague and the garden of roses actually has a spidermite infestation around the black mould on the stems. People who say such things are merely trying to paint a picture that they would like to see in order to get the keys to the Rose Garden at the next elections.
  5. Won't my crutches and astigmatism get in the way? Although I have been practising on my PC version of Band of Brothers and with my bro's air rifle and scope and I reckon I could become a sniper very quickly.....

6. It's old men like you, always fighting the last war (or the one before that) ...

You need to get yourself a proper console and games to go on it.
  7. It's a bugger when you're paid in bucks... :cry:
  8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Ask them for doe's instead?

I'll get my coat . . .
  9. Is that lots of John Doe or just does?

10. Doomed

I think between gordys gold sell off, and his smash and grab on pension funds a weak dollar isnt realy going to help us in the long run.

As china and india become even more dominate and start on the middle to high standard manufacturing of themselves and export, the lack of long term real investment in high tech manufacturing and staying ahead of the R and D the weak dollar will be followed by weak sterling as we and America become the sweatshop labour market!

edited for stupidity :oops:
  11. good timing as I am going to Las Vegas and tour of south west USA in 2 weeks time :D
  12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Who does John Doe, and if so, for how much dough, and will it rise with inflationary pressure due to the heat of the moment?
  13. Yep! :cry: :cry:

14. Doh!!
  15. Only if you are trying to live elsewhere in the world. If you live in the States, it won't matter until the cost of imports rises as the dollar falls. That will take several months. Your new widescreen TV or computer will then cost more.