Sterilise the Poor?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Brick, Jan 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know this is wandering perilously close to NAAFI territory but I wanted to get some serious comments so I'm chancing it. Currently as it stand every time someone on benefits pops out another sprog their payments get increased and they get the possible chance of moving into a bigger house in the future. Which to me seems rather odd since it could be taken as almost encouraging the unemployed to have more kids. Now obviously you can't just say 'Right after you sign on if you have any more kids we're not funding it' since that leaves small children possibly starving, and they've never done anything wrong.

So how about we simply say if you want to sign on for unemployment/job-seekers or whatever they're calling it this year you have to agree to regular injections so you can't get pregnant? From what I recall there are injections or getting something implanted nowadays that act as birth control that last for around six months at a time. Hell, they're even working on a male version last I heard. So if you want to sign on then both you and your partner have to get a shot every six months. Thoughts, opinions? Granted I know this is somewhere slightly to the right of Daily Wail territory and I'm not really advocating it myself just yet, but just as a mental exercise I was wondering what arguments for and against the idea people could come up with. :)

2. Just do it to 90% of the youngsters that are around today.... little chav cnuts!

3. As I had the snip some years ago, could I get some benefits automatically?

4. Not just those on benefits, if you add the down right thick then you have more chance of eventually eradicating the effers

5. Swift had the right idea... Decreases the surplus population and provides decent nutrition for the underclasses.

6. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

What a wonderful idea! I have no idea why it hasn't been thought of before. Maybe we could actually take it one step furher and eliminate those who don't maych up to a set of exacting standard? For instance, those with a hare lip, asthma, a stammer, a limp. Anyone who may possibly be gay, or a different religion could be eliminated too.
    It would be quite easy to do, all we have to arrange is a sort of regulatory body, a policing agency, yet seperate from the ordinary police. They could wear a special uniform, probably black, and when in plain clothes, perhaps a leather overcoat.
    As the idea gains momentum, we could perhaps organise special train services, and move them to holding areas until they can make a suitable contribution to the state, perhaps the energy departments.
    Of course there would have to be one man in charge, a very charismatic leader, who could make highly motivational speeches to the masses. he would need to have a fairly specific background. An ex Artillery corporal, who had trained as a house painter, for example.

7. He would also need to have a penchant for growing a small half-tache. And like living in mountain top retreats :D

8. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Excellent idea. And have a large German shepeherd as a pet.

Also a dog.

9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Hmmmmm, you may be on to something there OF&H . . . no, wait, it's been done already, badly. Nah, forget that one.

What boyo here is suggesting is a form of human rights abuse - alright if you are in prison (I'm all for a total ban of conjugal visits for the purpose of breeding, or sperm banks for criminals, paid for by the taxpayer), but not for those who simply like to fcuk.

It's basically that old demographic war chestnut. On one side of the coin you have the ones who promote sterilisiation of undesirables, whilst promote the breeding of aryan super-beings, such as boyo up top here, and on the other side of the coin, you have those that promote uncontrolled population growth in order to make the numbers up for their demographic group, such as . . . let me think . . . aaahh, yes, the papacy and catholics, irrespective of the harm that does globally, or in crises and aids-ridden places such as Africa, where the Jesuist promote the Lord and refuse to promote sexual health throught the use of profilactics, thus leading to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of carriers, including mothers, babies and of course the errant fathers.

The Chinese have a system that works after a fashion and from my understanding is egalitarian (as much as one can make it).

The British population is on the cusp of shrinking, albeit the chav mongrels are breeding as quick as ever, and without abusing the umin rights, there's not a lot we can do.

10. Change the benefits system so that it no longer actively encourages the creation of large welfare dependent families. Given the huge numbers of migrants into the country we hardly need a high birth rate.

How about:

1. Child and associated benefits payable only in respect of the first 2 children born to any mother.

2. No child benefit and associated benefits in respect of a child born to a mother under the age of 18 unless married.

It would be impossible to implement these measures retrospectively but they could be announced, say, 12 months in advance giving a good three months for an advertising campaign advising the negative financial aspect of getting knocked-up.

We have the highest teenage pregnancy rate in the developed world and the most generous benefit system - my lurcher can work out the correlation between those statistics. The Guardian readership claim its all about education - teenage girls need more sex education yet a British kid receives more hours of sex education than any other child on the planet.

11. Great idea!

We could have special police vans collecting them from the benefits departments, They would have to take them on a drive, with "The Air con" on full blast before arriving at the disposal area.