Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Trotsky, Jun 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I would ask all arrsers to sign the petition below for Stephen Menary, the ACF PARA cadet blown up in the 2001 White City TAC bombing. Below is an input from the number 10 website regarding the discraceful CICB attempt to cut his compensation.

Stephen has never allowed his injuries to prevent him from leading a full life but appears to be being thrown to the wolves, please show your support for him by signing the petition and writing to your MP, in view of his injuries the maximum 150k seems paltry, to cut it because he has learnt to adapt to life as a blind man with one hand is appauling.

When an IRA bomb blew up in his hand when he was just 14, Stephen Menary was so horrifically injured that he could have been forgiven for giving up on life.

But despite losing his sight, his lower left arm and the hearing in one ear, the young Army cadet refused to admit defeat.

Over the past six years he has bravely fought to rebuild every possible aspect of his independence.

And now the Government's Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority has decided to reward his dedication - by cutting the amount he will receive because he has learned how to cook for himself and do his own washing.

In an age of huge compensation payouts - with even convicts pocketing vast sums for alleged infringements of their rights - Stephen has fallen victim to the authority's controversial policy of delaying payments to younger victims to see if they can complete educational courses or improve their life skills.

CICA says that by acquiring his cooking and washing skills, Stephen has done just that and as a result will not now qualify for the full £150,000 compensation package he was expecting
  2. Absolutely disgusting......
  3. Petition signed. The lad shows some determination and gets fekked over, ridiculous
  4. Done,poor lad
  5. Bloody typical. F**kn bean counters.
  6. Shamefull
  7. A good job he wasn't f*cking ginger and had sufferred the horrors of having a colleague or two take the micky. He would have only been awarded eighteen grand.

kinda typifies all that is wrong with our once great nation.

utterly disgusted with his treatment.
  8. Signed. What a disgrace.
  9. Petition signed. Like others I am disgusted. I have so much respect for this lad good on him for soldiering on. I know he was a cadet but considering he was injured on military property during cadet time and by enemy action should the MOD not be providing for him too?
  10. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Done and done.

Penny-pinchers yet again prove themselves to be worthless pondlife.
  11. Done.
  12. read,signed and messages passed to others
  13. Agree 110% and some... the lads a credit and example to all. Also a sad loss to the Army.
  14. Makes me despair. How low can these pond-life go?
  15. Duly signed , quite disgusted, not only that it is inhuman, do these people at CICA have any souls ?

I hope their own kids isn't just as badly injured and finds themselves needing money for care