Stephen Lawrence - 10 years on

I wonder what would happen if one was to host a 'i don't give a fcuk about stephen lawrence' event
Its not that i'm not sympathetic to the lad, but he got done in by some scrotes who pretty much got away with cos the old bill were shite. Its not like its not happened before, it will happen again.

I wonder what would happen if one was to host a 'i don't give a fcuk about stephen lawrence' event
Its not that i'm not sympathetic to the lad, but he got done in by some scrotes who pretty much got away with cos the old bill were shite. Its not like its not happened before, it will happen again.
Senior Plod would(probably) spend years trying(and succeeding) to find something to hang you for.

It's selfish bastards like you who undermine whole industries and careers.

You Jack individual.

This tolerant and equal Society we are all a part of - is making me feel less equal and more intolerant as I get older.

Saw this flash up before on my feed. What a sodding joke.
Gesture politics. A bit like May saying last week that she’d address the gender pay gap (which doesn’t actually exist).

So, we end up with a day each year in which we’re reminded of our institutional and inherent racism.

Well done. Someone really thought this through.

What sort of person wears a security pass visibly whilst on a train? Would it be the same sort of person who would write a letter to the pilot of any aircraft he might be a passenger on informing them that a special boy was on board?
I was based in KingsX (3 minutes from the station) and had jump on the train straight from work. I was in the process of taking my pass off (from under my jumper) and putting it in my bag when he spotted it.

The passes where very non discript and not branded as far as I remember. So to Joe blogs on the street it would not stand out as being special.

Better than having classified docs on show on a shared train table.

Last edited:
Can't help thinking the PM has made a noose for herself with this. They'll be braying for a Memorial Day for someone in Liverpool on every day of the year now. Might as well have one "Grief Whore Day" and be done with it - preferably 30th Feb.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Gesture politics. A bit like May saying last week that she’d address the gender pay gap (which doesn’t actually exist).

So, we end up with a day each year in which we’re reminded of our institutional and inherent racism.

Well done. Someone really thought this through.
But will it be a public holiday?

But will it be a public holiday?
We could combine it with Ashura.

White people beating themselves up, building bridges with the Shia.

Diversity-tastic

Can't help thinking the PM has made a noose for herself with this. They'll be braying for a Memorial Day for someone in Liverpool on every day of the year now. Might as well have one "Grief Whore Day" and be done with it - preferably 30th Feb.
May I suggest 31st August as 'International Grief Whore Day' in honour of the Queen of Tarts?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
We could combine it with Ashura.

White people beating themselves up, building bridges with the Shia.

Diversity-tastic

Oh no I don't fancy that.

Just watching some ofthe Stwphen Lawrence documentary now. Strange seeing places from archive footage that I haven’t seen for years.
Strangely, Eltham is still largely a white area, compared to nearby places such as Lewisham and Woolwich that are more racially diverse.
At the end of the day a young man died needlessly all because a bunch of mindless thugs decided to take his life.

Just watched the theee part documentary. I tried to keep an open mind on this case. I retract what I said in an earlier post about Doreen Lawrence, the family really were let down by the Met, even from the very start. I know Baroness Doreen has had a bit of negativity on other arrse forums, but as she said herself, she didn’t choose to be put in the public limelight, it was thrust upon her. And if we were the parents, I’m sure we’d all do whatever it took to get some sort of justice. A very thought provoking documentary.