Stephen Lawrence - 10 years on

It was one the few times having degree in criminology came in handy.
You could direct enter at superintendent rank now with that if you liked.......?

It was in the Steven Lawrence Inquiry by Sir William MacPherson. He said the Met were ‘institutionally racist’. They disagreed, they then read the report and said ‘now we know what the definition is, we may be’ or words to that effect. It’s never been withdrawn, just denied and then accepted:
https://assets.publishing.service.g.../uploads/attachment_data/file/277111/4262.pdf
Well,
No. In fact it has been seized upon, in order to brand all public institutions as 'racist' in one form or another by those with an axe to grind.
That old fool Macpherson should have been challenged by the Met Commissioner at the time to either qualify it or withdraw it.
It was music to the ears of the left.
MacPherson said that elements of his report had been hijacked - though you're right, he didn't retract his claims

MacPherson said that elements of his report had been hijacked - though you're right, he didn't retract his claims
Goodness me, who didn't see that coming a mile off?!

I thought you where taking the piss so googled it....... Now I am truly shocked!
FFS, who can up with that idea?
Mrs May. And she's got your IP address and meta data, and she heard that.

So best you become a team player!

Mrs May. And she's got your IP address and meta data, and she heard that.

So best you become a team player!
I am saddened by this, one of the great things about British policing was that everyone had to do 2 years on the beat as a probationer. Everyone started the same, everyone had the same exposure to the gritty side of policing.

What next? OCP winning a contract for policing Hackney?

What next? OCP winning a contract for policing Hackney?
Don't be stupid.

It'll be G4S. Only screwing the Olympics stopped the march to extensive contracting for detention and investigation services with them.

The charity

500k of income
230k wage bill, (7 members of staff)
Highest salary 80-90k

The charity

500k of income
230k wage bill, (7 members of staff)
Highest salary 80-90k
And your point is?

Charities are not illegal, nor is paying staff. As long as the books are in order does it really matter?
If one of my kids got murdered I would be dedicating my life to getting justice and if that involves setting up a charity, then so be it.

Edit: If you want to blame someone for getting special treatment, I would look to the political parties who have used this case to their own advantages.

Last edited:
Don't be stupid.

It'll be G4S. Only screwing the Olympics stopped the march to extensive contracting for detention and investigation services with them.
Do any political parties have a sensible Policing Policy?
You know, like "We will increase the policing budget by 10% and let each force/service decide how to spend." Or "we will allocate X amount to stop disgruntled officers leaving and this will stop the brain drain and we will invest in policing".
In London and the SE why not bring back police (and nursing) housing. Cheap rent and a bit of housing security would boost morale.

Sorry for thread drift, I am in a bit of a grumpy mood.

Do any political parties have a sensible Policing Policy?
You know, like "We will increase the policing budget by 10% and let each force/service decide how to spend." Or "we will allocate X amount to stop disgruntled officers leaving and this will stop the brain drain and we will invest in policing".
In London and the SE why not bring back police (and nursing) housing. Cheap rent and a bit of housing security would boost morale.

Sorry for thread drift, I am in a bit of a grumpy mood.
Not to my knowledge. Still, so long as there’s 43 Chief Constables/Comissioners, as many DCCs, untold ACCs and ‘front line’ policing is suffering to keep those ACPO/NPCC jobs.......

so he's still dead then?

I did meet a bloke you worked on the PSCO project on a train trip upto Edinburgh back in 2003. He explained it all in great detail and I was still not convinced. We both had seats booked on a table seat, he had HO policing reports spread over the table and he spotted my security pass and we got chatting...
What sort of person wears a security pass visibly whilst on a train? Would it be the same sort of person who would write a letter to the pilot of any aircraft he might be a passenger on informing them that a special boy was on board?

I nearly gave a like to a poster on page one of this thread, (@Baddass) until I realised he hasn’t been around since 2004! Is this a record for thread resurrection?