Stephen Hawking dies aged 76

For sale:

One electric wheelchair, high mileage. Controlled by one of those little joystick thingies on the armrest. Voice activated as long as you've got a synthesizer.

4 new tyres, recent MoT, Sat Nav very well programmed.

£350 ono, contact thehawkings@verybriefhistoryoftime.com

Only when the bbc ********* have completed their efforts to educate us on nerve agents, cladding panels, sprinkler strategies in tall buildings and the workings of the NHS
All interspersed with dogs that grin and how to butter a scone
They’re probably more worried about who’s going to play Davros in the next series of Dr Who.

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP.

A brief history of time was a hard read, but it got me interested in cosmology and physics and I've been interested ever since
That answers a lot of questions.

Forget Hawkins, I'm pissed off that my TV will be filled with that grinning chimp, Cox, for the next umpteen weeks
Watch all the way through.

Hawking was one of those rare people who has actually changed the way we see ourselves in the grand scheme of things. And he had a sense of humour, but once you realise like he did, that we are mere specs of dust in the universe, a sense of humour is probably essential!

Apart from educating us about Physics, how has he changed public perceptions of disability? How were people in wheelchairs (or with other disabilities) viewed before him?

If nothing else, he showed it is possible to live a full life, despite a severe disability.

RIP

Apart from educating us about Physics, how has he changed public perceptions of disability? How were people in wheelchairs (or with other disabilities) viewed before him?

If nothing else, he showed it is possible to live a full life, despite a severe disability.

RIP
A lot. We have moved on from Joey to a lot more acceptance of wheelchair use. At base level wheel chair means you can't walk far. Yet years back a child in a wheelchair might be placed in a special needs school! Just a bit of mobility problem not brain dead.

There are whingers in the "disability" world there are others that are pretty much top of the game. However being "disabled" is not an automatic right off now just more the attitude of the person.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
"The downside of my celebrity is that I cannot go anywhere in the world without being recognised. It is not enough for me to wear dark sunglasses and a wig. The wheelchair gives me away"

It was only a matter of time after Microsoft withdrew support for Windows XP.

The one great unanswered question...

Stephen Hawking fathered three children....

Considering his medical condition....How? :? :shock:

His comments on the existence of a God are spot on though IMHO...

Does that mean he isn't coming on then?

A lot. We have moved on from Joey to a lot more acceptance of wheelchair use. At base level wheel chair means you can't walk far. Yet years back a child in a wheelchair might be placed in a special needs school! Just a bit of mobility problem not brain dead.

There are whingers in the "disability" world there are others that are pretty much top of the game. However being "disabled" is not an automatic right off now just more the attitude of the person.
I take it you mean Deacon and not Tribbiani?

A special tribute ep. of Big Bang could be on the cards.