Stephen Fry – national treasure or bell_end?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Howler, Sep 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes, we all liked Blackadder and he pops up in various shows ‘Amusingly’ with his bent nose and a kind of imbecilic expression on his face and we all titter a bit, but is he actually that entertaining or a total kn*bhead?
    This is a quote from the ‘Great man’;

“I spent years drinking vodka and taking cocaine to numb the internal anguish of my depression”.

Just a thought, but maybe the vodka and cocaine were the cause of your depression you pitiful drama queen.

''I'm actually kind of sobbing and kind of tearing at the walls inside my own brain while my mouth is, you know, wittering away in some amusing fashion,''

Kn*b!

And yes, I know he’s cleverer and richer than me.

So, Stephen Fry – national treasure or bell_end?

2. He's a Manic Depressive, like Churchill was.

3. Longlenny

Longlenny War Hero Book Reviewer

Bell end and then some!

4. Funny bloke.

5. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Treasure. There are few more intelligent wittier bods on the box even with his bipolar problems.

6. Bit like a STD...........................okay in small doses.

7. He's a c0ck sucking arse, who isn't anywhere near as clever or funny as he thinks he is. Smarmy cnut needs a slap.

Remember the time his play got a slating and he ran away to France like a bufty.

8. National Treasure? He's an Austrian Jew.

9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

He may be a pooftah, and he may have a bent nose, and he may talk with a daft accent, and yes, he may also be a manic depressive, but truth be told, he's not actually offensive in his attitude, he's not judgemental in any way, he doesn't make out to be something he isn't and he's actually very, very, very well read and intelligent.

I started out with a very poor opinion of the bloke for the first of the reasons listed above, but on reflection, I think the pros rather considerably outweigh the cons.

Inoffensive and very intelligent.

10. A self-confessed thief, an anal penetrator and like as not male fellatio artist, smarmy in the way all deeply untrustable people are. Funny? Mainly if others are writing the script. Intelligent? I don't want to be bigheaded but I could wipe the floor with him and I expect quite a few other arrsers could too. Why, oh, why Mr Fry didn't you go right ahead and do the gentlemanly thing? As you didn't have the guts, go fcuk Sandi Togsvig. I think that's a vote for bell-end.

11. Leave the man alone, he has IT! You have not.....

12. Very dry but ok.

13. As a National Bell End, I treasure him

14. He has been fighting some really nasty mental problems, the drugs and booze were to give him the courage to leave his dressing room,like biped wrote: Inoffensive and very intelligent.

15. My fave Stephen Fry quote:

"Countryside - the murder of Piers Morgan"

Face it, he's a genius.