Stella Artois garden umbrella - Hols for Heroes ends 5.9.10

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by ExPadBrat, Aug 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As I am not in a financial position to donate real money to Hols, I have made a huge decision...I'm auctioning off my beloved Stella Artois garden umbrella.

This has been used about 3 or 4 times and has hidden in my shed ever since so the thieving pikeys over the back don't come over and nick it. That's not doing it the justice it deserves so I'm auctioning it off to someone who will give it a loving home.

I'll get a photo posted as soon as it stops fekkin raining. There may be a couple of marks from it's hibernation in the shed, I'll do my best to remove these so that it looks pristine, as an item like this so richly deserves.

This was legally purchase by myself while it was still in the wrapper...so I haven't nicked it from the nearest pub. I'm not able to vouch for the sellers though :D

2. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Great auction, thanks EPB. I'll start the ball rolling with a tenner. By the time I've cleared the jungle that is my garden, Summer will be here again!

3. Grownup_Rafbrat

No-one else thinking there will be an Indian Summer with lots of opportunity to use this lovely item?

4. £20 for when I get my garden back....

5. Grownup_Rafbrat

I have been informed that it has a tiny hole near the hem. This may mean it can only be used on Sundays, but in any case, bidders should be aware.

6. Grownup_Rafbrat

EPB has an embarrassing confession.

I've managed to leave in a couple of marks at the same time as removing the colour around it...it's not called Vanish for the reasons I'd assumed!!

So, Snaily, are you willing to continue the auction in light of the fact that there will be a small hole and a couple or marks, or should we suspend the auction to save EPB's blushes?

7. Stella Artois umbrella, couple of marks on it dear chap, not called wife beater for nothing, I would bid but alas I have no space for it, so a shameless bump is called for, hope you get loads for it

Armadillo

8. Grownup_Rafbrat

Good point, armadillo. Over to Snail for a decision as she's the highest current bidder.

9. 30 quid, I'm not too fussed about the damage.

10. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thank you, hairy monster. Most kind.

11. Its just a little bit faded, and as its at the very top of the umbrella not too noticeable...unless you have really really tall mates.

Can't do right for doing wrong at the moment...but tis my fave garden umbrella ever so still a huge sacrifice! I could always use my lil Demon's felt tip pens and colour it in if ya like :D

I'll do a photo tomorrow. Promise...

12. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thanks, EPB. It seems like folks are willing to bid anyway, so don't beat yourself up about it. Widow's mite and all that.

Have a good weekend.

13. At long last - photos!

Attached Files:

14. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thank you for the pics, EPB. They're just the ticket, and the umbrella is still with hairymonster at £30.

Eidted for problem fingers when typing.

15. That's brilliant, await pm for postage type actions :D