Steaming ahead or boiler explosion?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Hairy_Maclary, Nov 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nice gesture, don't think It's a drama though.

Todays TA has other things to worry about than ulterior motives behind naming trains I think!
  2. Perhaps I just need my tinfoil hat re-soldering!
  3. I was there on the day and have to say that other than the big wigs who were there for a free lunch and a bit of networking, the only civvies apparent were those of the anorak wearing train spotter types.

Have to say that HRH wearing wellies was a nice touch.
  4. msr

msr LE

So 50 years after renaming a train the most innovative idea we can come up with is.... temporarily renaming a train.

I do hope the Review Team come up with something more original and longer lasting.

5. The only people who give a sh!t about trains are old people and pedophiles.

(Yes I have seen the obvious joke before some ARAB pipes up)
  6. Wish i'd have known about this as I only live about 3 miles away and my Husband's unit is the closest at about 4 miles away. Oh well, mind you as he is in a sandy place we didn't get invited to The TA centre on Sunday as usual either, kids and I went to the parade and straight home again, not even the offer of a cuppa with the other families.
  7. And another thing I have just realsied that the TA 100 'year' of 'celebrations' actually lasted from 1 Apr to 11 Nov.

Talk about short changed!
  8. Any more days than that and they have to give us paid leave............
  9. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Anymore than that and I would have had soldiers topping themselves with boredom and frustration at wasting that much time for the TA "aren't we all great" events.
  10. I know Exactly what you mean. I (and another 200+ blokes form our unit) went along to one of those TA100 parade things. It would've been ok if it wasn't for the fact that you could count the ammount of TA there on your fingers and even those that had bothered there arse to turn up looked like a sack of sh1t.

Definately not the future for me when I hang up my combat jacket in the near future.
  11. msr

msr LE

Don't worry, with that attitude you would not be welcome anyway.

12. At least the steam one is still running. The modern one named last summer at York is now laid up out of use. Or perhaps its withdrawal is a subtle message that the TA is past its prime?
  13. If his claim to fame was being photographed erecting tents with different TA nationalities would he then be welcome?
  14. Someone really pays attention reading TAQ!