Steam sale

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by maguire, Jul 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

some cracking deals on there right now - must have spent £30 on there last night easy - but this is the standout deal for the next day or so - Save 75% on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle on Steam - all 3 stalker games for a fiver. the second one is pish, but the first and third are superb and at this price, a giveaway.

2. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Also to be recommended: The Mount & Blade collection, the Sega collection (£35 for over £300 of software - including really old-school Mega Drive titles!), the Bethesda collection... **** it, the list is endless.

3. Got mount and blade warband and the Napoleonic mod for less than Two hours beer money. The Napoleonic is multiplayer only but some of the most fun I have had for a while

4. FrosteeMARIA

FrosteeMARIA LE Gallery Guru

Civilisation V and all the add ons....hmm tempted.

5. BrunoNoMedals

Sale ends in the next few hours so if you want it you'd best get a wriggle on.

6. I am so shit.

Seriously, you would have thought I'd grown some self control at my age when confronted with shiny things.

Bought lots of bargains....

7. BrunoNoMedals

You're not shit, you're a sensible shopper. Chances are your missus used similar thought processes when last buying shoes in a sale so it's not like there's any comeback to be had.

8. I hate the steam sale - so many bargains which will look brilliant on my list of uninstalled games.. Mount and blade and stalker are really worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The problem with Steam is that they try and force you to log on every time you want to play. After buying X3: Albion Prelude from them - and spending a week writing a launcher to ignore their logon - I swore never to use them again.

10. BrunoNoMedals

You can play in offline mode, you know?

11. Yeah, I know but it's the principle of it that I, and many others I know, object to.

12. BrunoNoMedals

I still don't get that view, though I've heard it plenty. They don't restrict where or how often you install and play your games like so many other DRM models and I've never once found their legal stance to be overbearing. The Steam application itself is a tremendous piece of very useful software and it's never occurred to me to resent it.

If you really don't like logging in to play games you bought through Steam, every new installation gives you the opportunity to create a desktop shortcut separate to the application so you don't need to use it at all.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

13. FrosteeMARIA

FrosteeMARIA LE Gallery Guru

Agree with Bruno here; not too sure what you're referring to when you say "the principle"? What is the issue, or am I being a complete mong?

14. Never bought a game on steam until this week, now I have Mount and Blade with the Napoleonic add on, Napoleon Total War, X3 Terran conflict with Albion Prelude. Is this how it feels to be a woman in a next sale?

15. No because you're still sat in front of your computer in your underpants, whereas the woman will have a fantastic new wardrobe to wear.