Stealing a tank

15/19H stole people's tanks, etc every Sahagùn Eve (Battle of Sahagùn, 1808 ). 3RTR were usually close by, also 1 Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, UNFICYP, 1976.

Normal form. Tankies eventually learned to lock stuff up securely.
Fallingbostel early 1970's I was part of a small raiding party that crossed into enemy lines in the early hours and it may have been into your mob or 17/21st.

I think it was the night before our Cambria day to avoid the additional security that may have been present on the actual day.

We found a Chieftain in a hanger with the doors wide open. It was all to good to be true and we suspected an ambush so we had a good look around before we tried to start it and discovered the half shafts had been removed by the cunning crew.

We were standing at the front of the hanger deciding what to do when without warning my mates legged it off into the dark.

Because I had not seen the threat and because I was a bit pissed my brain and legs failed to engage headless chicken and run away modes.

I turned around to see a Mojo with his massive furry war dog at the corner of the hanger.

With nowhere to go I just dropped down into the shadows behind one of the big concrete anti-tank bollards that were either side of each bay as the handler and dog got closer.

Soon they were on the other side of my bollard. The dog knew I was there and was constantly growling. The Mojo appeared to have no clue and just dragged the growling dog around the next corner.

Joined up with my mates and we moved onto objective B.

TOPCAT99

Clanker

Fallingbostel early 1970's I was part of a small raiding party that crossed into enemy lines in the early hours and it may have been into your mob or 17/21st.

I think it was the night before our Cambria day to avoid the additional security that may have been present on the actual day.

We found a Chieftain in a hanger with the doors wide open. It was all to good to be true and we suspected an ambush so we had a good look around before we tried to start it and discovered the half shafts had been removed by the cunning crew.

We were standing at the front of the hanger deciding what to do when without warning my mates legged it off into the dark.

Because I had not seen the threat and because I was a bit pissed my brain and legs failed to engage headless chicken and run away modes.

I turned around to see a Mojo with his massive furry war dog at the corner of the hanger.

With nowhere to go I just dropped down into the shadows behind one of the big concrete anti-tank bollards that were either side of each bay as the handler and dog got closer.

Soon they were on the other side of my bollard. The dog knew I was there and was constantly growling. The Mojo appeared to have no clue and just dragged the growling dog around the next corner.

Joined up with my mates and we moved onto objective B.
love it!

Latest Threads