Steal a copy of 'Dont Say Goodbye'. Do it now.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by TheIronDuke, Jan 30, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

It is a book written by somebody called Fiona Stanford. One assumes Fiona is a bird, but it could be his parents had a sense of humour. Fiona was a Physio who got dumped into Headley Court.

There is a short piece by her in todays Sunday Times Review section. Page 7. Under the bit about My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. I had something in my eye when I read it.

Proceeds from the book go to the Welsh Guards Afghanistan Appeal. Whoever they might be. I mean, if you are doing an appeal, try not to have the letters F, G and H in it. And in the current climate, trying to raise money for anything ending in 'stan' is a non starter. Unless it is "Me Auntie Dulcies car got torched and I blame me Uncle Stan".

Whatever. Steal this book. Do it now.
  2. Coherency level = 0.75 of a bottle of brandy
  3. I think I see what you are saying Duke. I mean, it's not as if you are some doey eyed southern softy who's going to open his wallet just because some stupid squaddie has had his bits blown off. It was probably tears of laughter. I might buy one though, just to see why it caught your eye. I would nick one, but the store detectives watch me closely these days.
  4. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Right on brother. A bird called Fiona dribbling over stumps? Thats a top rating on Racoontube right there.

Store detectives watch TV from an acute angle and they dont get paid much, so you need a central distraction. Pick up two copies of the book, holding them together and look at them like you are educated. Drop one copy and go "Gosh. He-he" while looking around with a "Oh, arent I a tit" expression. By the time you have bent down to pick up the dropped copy, then stood up and made eye contact with the staff you will have slid the other copy under your jacket.

Next week, nicking a 7 series Beemer and having the owner offering you a shot at his wife.