staying in wipers

Discussion in 'Travel' started by still staggin, Jan 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wonder if anyone has any reccomendations for a reasonable hotel/b and b in Ypres, mrs ss and i will be going on the bike in may. Interweb full of accn but thought i'd ask arrse's as at least it will be honest, ta in advance SS.
  2. Flyingmonkey is the man, he lives there
  3. bloody hell that was quick !
  4. Few miles outside of Ypres but I can highly recommend Talbot House in Poperinge. Authentic surroundings and a short train ride from Ypres, or bike in and out.
  5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Varlet Farm is very popular. Out of town but excellent.
    Make sure you try the home made jam.
  6. doesn't Banjotrooper run a B&B there?
  7. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

He's given up the B&B Poppy, too busy with both him & Mrs Banjo running tours.
  8. Not actually in Ieper, but the Hooge Crater Hotel was very pleasant. [URL=""[/URL] No 10.
  9. Talbot House is great - the old Toc-H.

Also good is the Hotel Kasteelhof, close to Hooge. The pond in the garden is what's left of one of the mine craters. The frontline ran for a time through the grounds between the hotel and Belwaerde.

Hotel Ieper - Bed & Breakfast - Kasteelhof 't Hooghe
  10. Rum Jar was quite nice 5 mins walk from the cloth hall.
  11. Thanks for the info everyone will look them up, obviously all subject to final approval by the boss..............
  12. Second the comment on the Ariane. Comfortable rooms, good food and a pleasant bar. It's also only a short walk from the town centre.