Staying in brecon

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Smelly_Tiger, Oct 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. (Not entirely sure this is in the right place, so if its not could you move me please mods :) )

Right. Need some recommendations for places to stay in/around the Beacons civvy-style. Me and a friend are planning on going there some time early next year to do a spot of fan dancing and other assorted fun-time events as a bit of a precursor to our respective recruits courses.

Just need something B&B/hostel style, where we can walk out onto the mountains, fall down after a day on t'hills, wash and other basics. Somewhere near a half decent pub would be tops too.

So, any ideas?

Ta all
  2. Is google broke?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. If you are a soldier go to The Sarah Siddons Pub in Brecon Town Centre on a Friday or Sat night. The place is full of gorgeous (after 5 pints) Welsh birds gagging for squaddies.

If you're a civvy I can't help you.

In fact if you're a civvy avoid the place as youl probably get your head staved in by a bitter and twisted para.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. By "recruits courses" do you mean basic training, if so, what the fuck are you going to the Brecons for. The Fan Dance FFS
  5. Dering Lines is a nice place to stay.
  6. Because we feel like it? Plenty of people do it just for the challenge.

And google isn't broke - it just can't give me a personal reccomendation.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Do you have a tent?
  8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Take no notice. Lots of people go to Brecon for the challenge. That and the Fan Dance of course. Try my chums here
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Basha up you poof or dig a shell scrape.

Make sure you do visit Sarah Siddons - if you can't get a shag there you ARE a poof.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TheIronDuke

The fuck is that Jerrod when you need him. I am not a swearing man but I swear to fucking God he is not much use to me alive.
  11. You reckon it'll be like that time up on Brokeback?
  12. Seconded!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. TheIronDuke

Could be. If you want to fill your boots with stinking bog water then get yourself drenched to the bone with a fucking chimney strapped to your back? Then yeah, I suppose it might.

You have been reading books again sweet pea, haven't you?
  14. I wasn't even invited. I could go along if they needed a hand but I'm not walking up any fucking hills.
  15. "Here you go son, get weaving. If we catch you in the next 72 hours we'll kick your fucking head in!"