Staying at the Union Jack Club

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm down in London with wifey and the mother-in-law in a couple of weeks and have booked rooms at the Union Jack Club. I've never stayed there before and was wondering if anyone who has can give me some Intel if it's any good or not (what's the bar like, what the rooms are like and stuff).

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Search function top right. Good food, bar reasonable, rooms ok, well placed. Trot towards Imperial war museum and eat in The three stags.

Search function top right. Good food, bar reasonable, rooms ok, well placed. Trot towards Imperial war museum and eat in The three stags.
Oooooh! You can't resist, can you? ;)

B

Beans-on-toast

In short - excellent. I was there for 4 days last week, and agree with Shibusa2 about the club feel, if you've ever lived in a Sgt's Mess you'll be at home. The breakfast , £8.50 pay on exit, is old stylee and worth it if you haven't got a hangover that would kill ten civvies/matelots/insert as req'd, and can give it some justice. I didn't eat in the evenings so can't comment. The bar has Spitfire on tap and rapidly runs out of port. Have a good trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've really enjoyed it every time the Mrs and I have stayed. Cheap considering it's London. Fast routes for London transport. As mentioned before, just like the mess.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Mick Harris

Old-Salt
Its Ok I think they have a 'tiered' pricing system depending on the quality of the room etc, cheap for London but don't go into 'auto' mode when you wake up and make a bed block?

Don't think that microchip companies have anything to do with the UJC!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm down in London with wifey and the mother-in-law in a couple of weeks and have booked rooms at the Union Jack Club. I've never stayed there before and was wondering if anyone who has can give me some Intel if it's any good or not (what's the bar like, what the rooms are like and stuff).

It's full of squaddies. Cancel and book a real hotel, you cheap ****.

Your like a dog with a bone eh? ;-)

OP: overall not bad, but sarf of the river guv??

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
Daft question, but is there a dress code in the restaurant ie smart casual, no shorts and flip-flops?

Overpriced. Try googling Tune Hotel Waterloo. Just as close, cheaper if you get a basement room, and better quality. You can still pop into the UJ for a pint. Good if you just want somewhere to put your head down.

Stopped going there for the AvN a few years back because it wasn't as good value as before.

Lacking Moral Fibre

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I have only stayed there once sadly I was not that impressed.Had to show ID to get in? I had none on me luckily my TA mate got me in. I arrived half hour late on a friday evening and the stoney faced miserable eastern european bint behind reception told me off! "if you arrive late you normally lose your room booking". I was expecting the place to be run by at least some ex military, all the staff in the bar were foreign student types. The breakfast was served by a russian but was very good.The room was fine for the night, I booked a double which I got but the bed filled the small room. As some of the others above have said I prehaps would check other hotels nearby first if I were back up that way.

Latest Threads