Statue to George Bush in Trafalgar Square...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by SpannerSpanker, Aug 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought i would ask after seeing on the news about that fine upstanding British bloke Nelson Mandela getting a statue unveiled in parliament square what everyone else thought about putting a vote in for George Bush to have a statue in Trafalgar Square for his leading of the fight on terrorism...I bet labour would vote yes!
    My point being, why the fcuk are we having a statue to some cnut that isnt even from our country put up, yes he won the nobel peace prize, spent 27 years in jail etc. But surely they could slap a statue up in South Africa and maybe we could put a statue up to 'Bomber Harris' for the good work he did during WWII as i believe he is still lacking one.
  2. And he's a terrorist... Mandela that is, not Harris. Seconded on the Harris motion.
  3. I second the Bomber Harris statue!! As for Mandella, they already have a statue to a spacca in London, it was only a matter of time before they put a Black Terrorist up there. What next? A statue of Bin Ladin?
  4. What has the Mandela the foreigner ever done for this country to warrant this accolade? You may as well fill the square with statues of other foreigners like Ghandi/Mother Theresa. I can understand having a statue of people like Ike in the Capitol because he lead the allied forces to victory in WWII.
  5. They put up that fkcuing...hell i dont even know what it is on the plinth in the far left hand corner. whoever, the cnut who knocked her up the duff, he should be arrested for molesting a quadraspaz.
    red ken will fight tooth and nail to get mandela up there. failing that it will probably be some other 'hero' like stephen lawrence. the powers that be seem to forget that post apartheid south africa is trully crudded all over itself. no chance a 'british' hero, especially not one who has worn uniform.
  6. Are they going to put a burning tyre around the statues neck to represent what happens to opponents of the ANC, or maybe one of fat Winnie Mandela knocking chunks out of people in her so called football team?
  7. or they could put up a little orphan drinking lemon juice and garlic out of a pigs bladder, seen as the ANC health minister thinks thats a sure fire way to cure aids. just what is it with our current gloryfication of useless fcuking 'peoples'! put up a statue of the grand knight of the KKK!
  8. There is already a Mandela statue up in London. It's outside the Festival Hall, on the South bank, near Waterloo station
  9. its of big head
  10. Well as the square is already full of statues of foreigners one more isn't going to make much difference.

There is an Italian Jew, two Irishmen, a Boer and at least one Spam there already.
  11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Mandela has got fcuk all to do with this country. He hasn't saved us in our hour of need, and he hasn't done anything for the people of Britain, or her trade.

Bomber Harris on the other hand, did no more than the Germans, who indiscriminately bombed London, Coventry, and dozens of cities around Europe. It might be argued that the actions of Bomber Harris did not actually help us win the war as such, seeing as he refused to concentrate bombing campaigns on industrialised areas only.

Putting a statue up for Bomber Harris might be the same as putting one up in Washington for the guy who made the decision to drop atomic weapons on Nagasaki and Hiroshima. The difference between the two blokes is that the guy who chose to drop the bombs on Japan actually saved many lives. Japan surrendered as a direct result of the bombs. Germany did not.

Who SHOULD have a statue in Trafalgar Square? I don't really know.
  12. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

A good question. The event the square is named for and the occupation of the geezer on the big column in the middle should give the tossers that be a clue you'd think?
  13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

That's too obvious a hint, but not obvious enough for pot smokers. There are many great military leaders in Britain's history. Monty, Churchill, David Stirling, Wellington (heads-up for you there), Boudicca . . . :D
  14. "I do not believe that the whole of the remaining cities of Germany are worth the bones of one British Grenadier."

Sir Arthur Bomber Harris.