Stationed in Germany?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Ed_Green, Jul 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the best way of finding out which regiments are stationed in Germany?

I am picking my second and third job choices and ideally do not want to move over to Germany. Obviously once I am in I will go where I am told happily but I have a young family and would prefer to be stationed in the UK.

I can imagine some of the replies that this will get - fair enough too, just wondered Infantry wise who (other than Paras) does not rotate in Germany?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. ...Gurkha's?

3. Oh, you're just going to be so useful as a soldier arn't you?

4. I do believe I am yes! Don’t see a problem with making an informed decision - thats all.

5. Why are so many people scared of experiencing another culture except for UK? I dont get it i hope i go to Germany, i mean isnt travel a perk to you people?

6. I have lived outside of the UK for a number of years in my civ life. I will happily go anywhere in the world, your right that is one of the biggest selling points in joining the armed forces.

Its a simple enough question - I can see where some of you senior members are coming from but your misreading me - I just wondered if there was a way of knowing who and who is not due to be in Germany in the next year or so.

7. 2nd Fusiliers, 2nd Anglians and 2nd PWRR all rotate in a three way cycle between London, Cyprus and Germany also note 5 Rifles have a Battalion in Germany.

8. Why do people allways give you sick when you say you want to be stationed in the uk don't mean people ain't happy to be deployed just means they want to be closer to friends and family and what's wrong with that

9. Your initial post seems to give the impression that you want to avoid an overseas posting at all costs. This is the army, not a supermarket where you, the consumer, can pick and choose the items you like. Germany is a fantastic place and only a short car and ferry journey away. Your children will proberbly be better off with that kind of cultural exposure than sat in a crappy estate in the UK.

10. Stick not sick

11. Ok, sorry for the previous fatuous reply. In all honesty, I don't know, although I have beewn told the RRF reg in Tidworth at the moment are due to be there for a while.

However, don't dismiss Germany - it really is great, and I think on balance the kids I see here benefit from being here; it won't hurt them one bit.

12. Why not join the TA then if you want to stay local? Then you definetly know your gonna be at home.

13. Yes the 1st Battalion, however he could be put into the 2nd Battalion and on the 3 way rotation.

14. Simply because you are posted where the Army needs you, not where you want to be! If you don't want to leave mummy, then don't join, simples!

To the OP, Germany is a good place to be posted and as Speedy said, your kids will be better from it. Anyway, the UK doesn't do Currywurst! ;)