State Pension payday variances

For the past 4 years until around 5 months ago, I have to say the system has proved on the button.
Of late however, it's taken quite a dip. Mine ought to have hit the account 4 days ago, and now my online banking dashboard is not expecting it till Monday coming.
SWMBO has been the same for a few months. I checked with the bank and in turn they investigated to be fair, subsequently emailing me in my online accounts to report no fault on their part.
Fortunately, having both a Works Pension & P.P. AVC coming in (as does SWMBO) it does not put us in a Heat or Eat situation but God help those who depend on it completely.
Has anyone else noticed? I imagine you would if it was not there.
SWMBO lent an old neighbour a small tide over wedge last month. It was promptly repaid.

endure

GCM
Is this the UK pension? I get mine as regular as clockwork every 4 weeks on a Tuesday.

exbluejob

LE
Book Reviewer
My wife qualified in July and it took ages for the award letter to come, we had to chase them up. There are difficulties (covid of course plus staffing issues) in the civil service which has obviously had an impact causing ripples:

exbluejob

LE
Book Reviewer
I have a question. When you get your pension and bus pass do you automatically turn into a twirly?

RABC

LE
I only just found out I have to apply for the State pension. It doesn’t start automatically.

endure

GCM
I only just found out I have to apply for the State pension. It doesn’t start automatically.
You get a letter telling you to claim it before it's supposed to start.

exbluejob

LE
Book Reviewer
Correct, if you don't ask you don't get. They assume you're delaying it because you get more pension when you eventually claim. You apply (I think) 3 months before. You should receive an award letter 4 weeks before pension is due. You get your first payment 4 weeks after your 66th birthday (paid 4 weekly in arrears). Award letter explains it, when it eventually comes.

I shall delay mine because I've got some work thats going to take me a year or two past 66. I don't want to be paying higher rate tax on my pension, will wait until the work dries up.

exbluejob

LE
Book Reviewer
You get a letter telling you to claim it before it's supposed to start.
Yeah, about 3 months before. It has a code on it that you need for making the claim.

Latest Threads