Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reasonably good

• OK

• Diabolical

• Total voters
After much deliberation I decided to put this topic up to gauge the opinion of the masses. For many months I have been getting more and more pi55ed off with the state of the AMS and the lethargy of the Ivory Tower brigade to bring about some change for the better. :cry:

Since 1995 after DCS 15 things have got steadily worse. I thought after DCS 15 that it couldn’t get worse but oh, how wrong I was! Just when I thought the AMS couldn’t get any shiiter, bang! It takes us to new lows! Now after Telic it seems we are being lined up to be replaced by the TA! Well there go my plans to join the TA especially if it means more bloody tours. :x

So why all the bitterness? Work in an MDHU! I am a soldier (OK, very loose term here being used!) but I get ordered about by civvies and asked by the hierarchy to grin and bear it. Get treated like a second class citizen by the damn civ population of the MDHU.

Roll on that day I leave.

Well that has made me feel better!

not looking too good for the AMS at the moment then!!

Come on, own up, who voted 'pretty good'?

Obviously no idea. . . . . .

Almost certainly they aren't in the AMS. Either that or they are severely intellectually challenged.

Ventress

LE
How do we improve the AMS?

Go back to BMH's? To expensive.

Go back to Fd Amb's? Lost all the expertise and now over stretched.

Get CMT's paramedic status? (Never going to happen whilst Clinical Governance is in the market place!)

Sort out TA CMT training, when a civilian practicing paramedic cannot do a medical cover as he is an Army CMT- they need RGN's.

Commission the top 4 or 5 RSM's every commissioning board from the AMS?

I'll own up - I voted pretty good.
But from POV they are giving me my cadetship, so for me they are pretty good. Only 1 year before my illusions are brutally shattered when I go out into the real world. :(

OH MY GOD, YOUR A SPROG !!

Why were you imagining some bitter and twisted NCO?
Yes I'm one of those poor deluded fools tempted by the promise of instant riches to join the RAMC. Still by the time I leave it will all be the Defence Medical Services with a hideous purple beret and strange cap badge, staffed entirely by compulsory mobilisation of TA, with a few regulars to do staff jobs and constantly come up with new acronyms.

Recruiting is good (less RGNs), retention is improving (PVR rates are down). Field clinical equipment is not far off state of the art, so all in all not too bad in my view.

But if I remove the rose tinted gregorys, there are problems, most of them are tribal jealousies (MO vs MSO, CMT vs RGN etc).

We should remember we are all on the same side!

My profession for a start, and they seem to be signing off in droves!!

There's not a recruiting problem, but a mass retention problem. The QA's will find themselves with major problems if the MDHU crisis isn't sorted out ASAP. As far as CMT's go, well we don't really need them anyway, they can't really do what they were trainined to do in the first place. Only good for litter sweeps and radio stag.

That'll be the Cbt Med Techs whose employment ranges from MDHUs, through the Training Organisation and Field Units to SF. The guys and girls who support dismounted Infantry on operations and tough it out in the field. The guys and girls that know how to use a radio, how to service vehicles, how to maintain equipment, how to clean weapons as well as being capable of delivering some pretty damn fine pre-hospital emergency care.

Wake up and smell the coffee Cosonostra. We are an organisation that relies on team work; surgeons can't work without anaesthetists, neither can work without ODPs, Rad, Phys Med and Lab Techs (sorry Bio Med Scientists), physios and nurses, and who has scooped the casualty up, sustained him through his journey and brought him to the hospital - the Cbt Med Tech. They are a vital and in my view a valued part of our organsation. Even if a Cbt Med Tech is not employed in a clinical role, they still contribute to the delivery of clinical care; good medicine is founded upon good administration.

And no I'm not a Cbt Med Tech.

Ventress

LE
neanderthal said:
That'll be the Cbt Med Techs whose employment ranges from MDHUs, through the Training Organisation and Field Units to SF. The guys and girls who support dismounted Infantry on operations and tough it out in the field. The guys and girls that know how to use a radio, how to service vehicles, how to maintain equipment, how to clean weapons as well as being capable of delivering some pretty damn fine pre-hospital emergency care.

Wake up and smell the coffee Cosonostra. We are an organisation that relies on team work; surgeons can't work without anaesthetists, neither can work without ODPs, Rad, Phys Med and Lab Techs (sorry Bio Med Scientists), physios and nurses, and who has scooped the casualty up, sustained him through his journey and brought him to the hospital - the Cbt Med Tech. They are a vital and in my view a valued part of our organsation. Even if a Cbt Med Tech is not employed in a clinical role, they still contribute to the delivery of clinical care; good medicine is founded upon good administration.

And no I'm not a Cbt Med Tech.
The humble CMT thanks you for your support- the same CMT who builds the field hospitals and Dressing stations. Oh and maintains them and makes them work. Bit like the rest of the Corps.

Latest Threads