starting pay

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by TAbloke, Mar 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

would one of you fine, upstanding gentlemen be able to give me a rough idea of the pay for a LCpl fresh out of Phase 2 training, after tax, NI, food and accommodation costs have been taken away?

Many thanks.
  2. Google it you muppet - ffs what sort of people are we recruiting these days?
  3. Barely credible.
  4. It's all cash in hand, that's how they say we're on a higher wage, because of all the tax dodging!
  5. Ssshhh you never know who might be listening.

Remember Walls have ears.........I know this because I found one in my ice cream.

Coat please.
  6. Jeez...You don't do it for the money...You do it for the love of the job
  7. Get out. Fool.
  8. Thank you for response; however I am asking with regards to the INT CORPS in particular as I am aware one would be on a higher pay band.
  9. Don't you mean you?
  10. Yeah me, sorry. So does anyone know? I just want a rough idea
  11. I'm sure that if you google it you'll find out.
  12. *sigh* i would guess about £1000 - £1100 a month after the deductions you specified. but that's a complete guesstimate. i could be hundreds of pounds out. :)
  13. Of course if your TA a LCpl straight out of Training would be on about £55 -£60 a day.
  14. Thats about a months pay when you first joined then, RWAC?
  15. I think you are being a bit unfair here (I've just watched the documentary on the he/she para capt so I'm in touch with my feminine side!). I know what my gross salary is but I've no idea how it translates into the massive wedge that hits my bank account. Can some UK based lcpl not just post what their monthly net wage is?