starting my phase 1 A/B

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by bikerchic, Jan 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wow... carnt believe its here... im so nervous but excited at the same time, does anyone have some tips for me, as you know im 38 yrs young, and a chic... any advise pls..

many thanks..... :D

2. o forgot to tell you its this weekend...

see im so excited i forgot to say........

oops..

3. -Don't get noticed too early
    -Listen carefully to the instructions given because somebody's bound to have heard them differently
    -Be where you're supposed to be 5 minutes early
    -Enjoy it

Which RTC are you off to?

Good luck

4. hi thanks for that, im off to maindy barracks,

went there for my selection,

5. I think that the main thing is to enjoy it.

All the best.

6. thats sound advice, 100% effort & best try first time.

Believe in yourself, you made it though selection, now on to the next stage you wouldn't be there if you wern't ready. Best of luck and come back and tell us how you got on!

Speedy

7. Good luck with this weekend, im doing my RT1 this weekend as well and its come round so quick...
    Let us know how you get on.

8. There are two reasons that RTC staff can remember names and face on w/e 1 , bearing in mind that you all blur into one after a while, 1 is that you are very good or 2 that you are complete carp!

Just try your best, that all we ask, bring large helpings of patience and humour with you, you generally need need.

Have fun and enjoy.

9. thanks to the advise, i will try my hardest and i will keep my head down and just get on with it, its just not knowin what will happen that im worried about.... but im sure ill be fine.....

one thing is for sure, my kids are proud of there mum!!!!!! o yeah and my beloved,

:D :D :D happy days..

10. I'm at Strensall for my first weekend of training tomorrow as well. I'm a mixture of looking forward to it, and a mixture of bricking it.

11. I just did my first weekend at strensall before christmas. You dont need to brick it! You do the 1.5 mile run again, and they expect an improvement. You do press ups and sit ups too, but thats the only phys. You will be issued a weapon and shown how to handle it safefly. As well as how to strip it and its characteristics. You get a lot of boring talks about pay and other admin. You will also meet the CO and he gives a speech. There are also lessons on rank and structure of the army, one on security and you are shown how to use webbing and a daysack. I think thats about it. if you want to know anything else just ask.

12. Cheers.

We start a different training timetable this year from you lot, but I figure things will be similar.

In the sit ups can you get someone to hold your feet? Try as I might, I just cant do sit ups with someone holding my feet down, I'm not sure why. I can crack them out with my feet being held down.

13. yeah you do it in pairs and you have to hold each others feet.

14. Oh and another word of warning while your in the gym never walk. Run or at least jog everywhere or you'll be doing press ups. They pulled loads of people on this while I was there.

15. You will do your pressups and sit ups in pairs facing each other. One counting, one doing.
    So you should do your situps with someone holding your feet, yes.

Just keep this in mind - From my experience, phase one is a laugh and very enjoyable before anything else.
    Yes, theres some hard graft involved physically but it's nothing to worry about as long as you keep your fitness up.

Just have fun, take the knowledge on board and enjoy the experience - As I said, It's more a positive experience than anything.