Start date: Sandhurst January intake

That would suck. The new years eve hangover will still be there (if new years is performed to the required standard).

And does any one know the latest date you can do your main board for the Jan. intake?

Seeing as it took a while to get my passport back, I'm looking at an early October main board.

dave86 said:
24-27 November is the last board you can be on to get into the Jan intake. Not that I'd wait that long if I were you.

Cheers for the fast reply, no I'm going to take my board as soon as possible. Seeing as the more i train the more likely i am to get injured.

SebaSmith said:
dave86 said:
24-27 November is the last board you can be on to get into the Jan intake. Not that I'd wait that long if I were you.

Cheers for the fast reply, no I'm going to take my board as soon as possible. Seeing as the more i train the more likely i am to get injured.
Yeah I hate this damn injury. When I'm running I only want to worry about my lungs giving out, not my shins. Still, not much I can do but train by swimming while I wait for it to heal. Thought you all might want to hear that.

Guys, just a thought from another AOSB candidate but if injury is such a risk while training for RCB, are you risking back-terming during the far more physically challenging training in Sandhurst?

When I spoke to them last week the last "Pre-Commissioning Course Briefing Course" you could attend for the Jan intake was the 10th-12th November.

When I spoke to them last week the last "Pre-Commissioning Course Briefing Course" you could attend for the Jan intake was the 10th-12th November.
Not trying to contradict but I was told the last one was the first week of December - I hope things haven't changed since I got my info!

wager said:
Guys, just a thought from another AOSB candidate but if injury is such a risk while training for RCB, are you risking back-terming during the far more physically challenging training in Sandhurst?
Not really its more of a fear, the more I run on rough terrain the higher the probability I could slip and injure myself. It has nothing to do with the physicality of the training, just a game of odds.

wager said:
Not trying to contradict but I was told the last one was the first week of December - I hope things haven't changed since I got my info!
That is what I have been told my RMAS admin; I tried to get on a later one as I am coming back from volunteering in Nepal early to go on this PCCBC so I can go in January 10th. Give them a call to check.

SebaSmith said:
And does any one know the latest date you can do your main board for the Jan. intake?

Seeing as it took a while to get my passport back, I'm looking at an early October main board.
I've been given conflicting stories regarding this. My recruiting captain at AFCO told me so long as i had mainboard out of the way by end of November i'd be ok for January. However when i was given a Sept date (delayed from June) for my Briefing by Westbury i asked them when the last mainboard for January was and they told me it was on 15-18 Sept.

anSiarach said:
SebaSmith said:

I've been given conflicting stories regarding this. My recruiting captain at AFCO told me so long as i had mainboard out of the way by end of November i'd be ok for January. However when i was given a Sept date (delayed from June) for my Briefing by Westbury i asked them when the last mainboard for January was and they told me it was on 15-18 Sept.

Wow that would blow hard, if those dates are correct! I don't want to stay in this Salem's Lot of a town any longer then required! I was planning to do a Sept. board initially yet haven't heard back from Westbury even though they have my papers.

I may phone up the RMAS admin and ask myself! By the way should I phone up Westbury or wait for them to contact me, I heard people wanting to attend Sandhurst in Jan should get preferential treatment with board dates to those who are just getting their boards out the way with?

I would take the dates as a guidline, I was told similar regarding the September intake, I had my Main Board in June and missed out on September by a few weeks as the intake was full. The only advice I would have is get it done as fast as you can. Although I realise you have no influence on this.

Having spoken to Westbury recently (last week) to book my Main Board they told me that RMAS have brought forward the Main Board to Sandhurst cut off dates from the first week in November to the 15th-18th September.

I was gutted by this news as I had my heart set on a January start at RMAS but oh well, six months isn't that long!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. The January intake. Frost on the ground. Breakfast roll call in the dark. Ammo boots crunching on gravel . Big Guardsmen shouting. Mist in the air. Double away. Change out of your boots. Into breakfast. Half a dozen shredded wheat. 2 cooked breakfasts. Toast. Coffee. Marlboro Lite. I stlll miss it !