Starship Troopers.

Is anyone else watching?

1 thing I agree with (and yes I do know it is fiction) is that to be a citizen, you should serve society.

Yep, I have been drinking.

Its obviously that thrilling, that you could drag yourself away.

If you've read the book, the film is pants.

Except the shower scene, obviously.

Crap film, book fun but written by a sex-obsessed fascist.
Makes a good point that if you don't give to society you shouldn't have a say in how it is run.
Seems reasonable to me as a proposition. Cut out all the chavs and wasters voting on maintaining their benefits for doing nowt, and a government shite-scared of alienating them.

Have I missed the shower scene, yes I have been drinking (Not enough)

Perturbed said:
Is anyone else watching? Me as well

1 thing I agree with (and yes I do know it is fiction) is that to be a citizen, you should serve society. Totally agree anything that brings us one step closer to mixed showers
Yep, I have been drinking.We have so much in common Im on Budweiser at the moment but may move onto the golden keys soon.

OldSnowy said:
Dwarf said:
Crap film, book fun but written by a sex-obsessed fascist.....
You say that as if it's a bad thing :)
Speaking as a sex-obsessed fascist myself I never meant it as criticism, merely an observation.
And yourself?

Have to agree with the above the book is far far better.

That said yes I whole-heartedly agree to have the rights of a citizen/subject you have to serve the country(no just military many ways to pay your dues) But to sacrifice 3-5 years of your life for the country - you then have all the benifits..

Nothing new the Greeks ( Athenians, Spartans Macedonians, Romans hell even the Norse societies had that ethic..) You want state help what are you goingto stump up to the kitty?

Bravo_Bravo said:
If you've read the book, the film is pants.

Except the shower scene, obviously.

Yep , and yep. :wink:

Its a big old allegory for the fight against communism , but I like the film too , cause its so cheesy :D

Its getting a bit far fetched women can't drive cars never mind intergalatic spaceships.

Seriously, dudes. the book is a must-read for squaddies.

NODUFF...

nope i have been surfing arrse, in a manner of speaking, however i shall open another bottle of beer and take a look ,

eleanor said:
nope i have been surfing arrse, in a manner of speaking, however i shall open another bottle of beer and take a look ,
Well you have missed the shower scene im afraid. :cry:

Yup good book! Indeed by Heinlein. Dont be expecting much action though. And its pretty much a no go if you're a leftist hippy.

Film is actually pretty good if you take it with a pinch of salt. It also gets better the more you drink....

J

jimuk80

Havent read the book but the film is quality. Hence the quote :D

Apparently the book is on a recommended reading list for American troops.