Starship Troopers.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Perturbed, May 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is anyone else watching?

1 thing I agree with (and yes I do know it is fiction) is that to be a citizen, you should serve society.

Yep, I have been drinking.
  2. Its obviously that thrilling, that you could drag yourself away.
  3. If you've read the book, the film is pants.

Except the shower scene, obviously.
  4. Crap film, book fun but written by a sex-obsessed fascist.
    Makes a good point that if you don't give to society you shouldn't have a say in how it is run.
    Seems reasonable to me as a proposition. Cut out all the chavs and wasters voting on maintaining their benefits for doing nowt, and a government shite-scared of alienating them.
  5. Have I missed the shower scene, yes I have been drinking (Not enough)
  7. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

You say that as if it's a bad thing :)
  8. Speaking as a sex-obsessed fascist myself I never meant it as criticism, merely an observation.
    And yourself?
  9. Have to agree with the above the book is far far better.

That said yes I whole-heartedly agree to have the rights of a citizen/subject you have to serve the country(no just military many ways to pay your dues) But to sacrifice 3-5 years of your life for the country - you then have all the benifits..

Nothing new the Greeks ( Athenians, Spartans Macedonians, Romans hell even the Norse societies had that ethic..) You want state help what are you goingto stump up to the kitty?

10. Yep , and yep. :wink:

Its a big old allegory for the fight against communism , but I like the film too , cause its so cheesy :D
  11. Its getting a bit far fetched women can't drive cars never mind intergalatic spaceships.
  12. Seriously, dudes. the book is a must-read for squaddies.

13. There are some good quotes ref. service in the book IRRC.
  14. nope i have been surfing arrse, in a manner of speaking, however i shall open another bottle of beer and take a look ,
  15. They look good in the shower scene tho :wink: