staring basic

#1
I am starting my basic training in a couple of weeks.
any body got any tips.
am shitting myself so i'll take any advise anybodys got
thanks.
 
#4
Dont eat yellow snow.
Never piss into wind.
Always sniff milk before drinking it.
Dont walk on a motorway.
Always carry dog biscuits in your pocket just in case you need to win favour with a Pit Bull terrier.
 
#6
Ignore last. Grammar and spelling are for officers. A basic bloke just needs commitment. Remember, it's not just whether you will make it, it's whether ALL of you will make it. Help the others in their weaknesses and they will help you in yours. There's no "I" in team.

There's nothing that's impossible, give 100% (110% is nice but not mandatory) and you should sail through.

edited to qualify: "last" meant Matelot's first post.
 
#7
There may be no I in team but there is a me.

Grammar and spelling are essential you oaf. That is of course if you don't want to be a 22 year tom/ab/chav in the crabs....
 
#10
Fair one but for the benefit of winsley....

whatever you do, just remember one thing in basic training.....

KEEP YOUR TRAP SHUT AND YOUR EARS OPEN


You'll go far if you follow the above rule!
 
#11
the_matelot said:
Fair one but for the benefit of winsley....

whatever you do, just remember one thing in basic training.....

KEEP YOUR TRAP SHUT AND YOUR EARS OPEN


You'll go far if you follow the above rule!
Agreed on this one. You only know what the instructor has told you. All else is a false rumour, not to be repeated. :)
 
#12
Yeah not long till I go myself... 5 weeks or so.

I heard they'd changed the rules about females and males doing Basic together, is this true? Are females and males being kept apart through out the whole 12 weeks?
 
#14
At reception, the First Shirt gave to us three pieces of advice. He said to the assembled recruits, with our freshly shorn noggins...

"The fastest way out of here is to graduate. Trying to get thrown out, medicalled out, or quitting will have you held over for longer than it would take you to graduate. I will now tell you three rules of Basic in order to graduate.

Rule 1. Do what you're told.
Rule 2. Do what you're told.
Rule 3. Damnit, do what you're told.

Follow those three rules, and you will be successful"

You know, he was right. Clever lads, those Company Sergeants.

NTM
 

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#16
Charlotte_Roberts said:
Yeah not long till I go myself... 5 weeks or so.

I heard they'd changed the rules about females and males doing Basic together, is this true? Are females and males being kept apart through out the whole 12 weeks?
In the current PC climate how are they going to seperate them ?

(Yeah, yeah, I know, with a crowbar...)
 
#18
Cutaway said:
Charlotte_Roberts said:
Yeah not long till I go myself... 5 weeks or so.

I heard they'd changed the rules about females and males doing Basic together, is this true? Are females and males being kept apart through out the whole 12 weeks?
In the current PC climate how are they going to seperate them ?

(Yeah, yeah, I know, with a crowbar...)
My sentiments exactly
 
#19
Charlotte_Roberts said:
Yeah not long till I go myself... 5 weeks or so.

I heard they'd changed the rules about females and males doing Basic together, is this true? Are females and males being kept apart through out the whole 12 weeks?
I have only just thrown away the piece of paper which, I think, said that male and female soldiers will be trained separately at Pirbright from 01 Apr 06 and the training programme will increase to 14 weeks - but it will be less pressured on the physical side. The intention is that we will not lose as many soldiers, particularly female, to injuries caused by a rapid increase in activity and injuries caused by the girls trying to keep up with the boys.

I doubt that "they" will be able to keep you apart for the whole period but, no doubt, there will be rules on fraternisation.....!

Are you going to blog your basic training?

Litotes
 
#20
1. Be the gray man (dont draw attention to yourself)
2. Never volunteer for anything,
3. Do what your told, no more and no less (no one likes a brown nose)

easy peasy, good luck for the both of you.
 

Latest Threads