Starfix Kits

maybe the makers had a moment like this

Well I’m approaching the end of this epic build.

just the spinner and prop blades to do. The spinner will be duck egg blue and the tips of the blades yellow.

F41057A7-3D70-48E8-A558-3DB91DFAE243.jpeg

then there is the question of what to do with this little fella.

C0343547-F099-450B-901F-B54239F7DC84.jpeg

daz

LE
Firing squad?? It would be the kindest option :)
Ive stuck some paint on him to see if it’s feasible to do anything with him and I have to say, I admit defeat. I’m not even going to even make the attempt. I’ll grab a quick snap

Last edited:
It can’t be done.

939D19B8-F49F-4F2B-9610-5945D83E3D92.jpeg

ive got the brushes to pick out the detail and I could quite possibly get some detail picked out including shading, but it became apparent the moment I did the sleeves on the flying jacket with a base coat that it was an utter waste of time as the figure is utter shite. I’m not prepared to pick up a 3D printed 1/72nd figure to stick in the plane. Or am I?

hmm. There’s a thought

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
It can’t be done.

View attachment 477337
ive got the brushes to pick out the detail and I could quite possibly get some detail picked out including shading, but it became apparent the moment I did the sleeves on the flying jacket with a base coat that it was an utter waste of time as the figure is utter shite. I’m not prepared to pick up a 3D printed 1/72nd figure to stick in the plane. Or am I?

hmm. There’s a thought
It looks legit to me

Now then, Now then, Now then (as the beast used to say)

Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 17.53.40.png

1/48 or 1/72 from ReedOak. 6.4 Euros for the 1/72. I cant get a seated pilot in flying gear, but I can have this little fella stood next to the Spit. Believe it or not, this is the quality of a figure that 20mm high. Amazing how the tech is changing the modelling community.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Now then, Now then, Now then (as the beast used to say)

View attachment 477343

1/48 or 1/72 from ReedOak. 6.4 Euros for the 1/72. I cant get a seated pilot in flying gear, but I can have this little fella stood next to the Spit. Believe it or not, this is the quality of a figure that 20mm high. Amazing how the tech is changing the modelling community.
He'll either look like a giant or midget depending which scale and where you stand him

He'll either look like a giant or midget depending which scale and where you stand him
What more can I say......

IMG_5873.jpg

Found one! and he's a spit pilot. Can you believe people produce these now? Scary

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
What more can I say......

View attachment 477351

Found one! and he's a spit pilot. Can you believe people produce these now? Scary
It's becoming quite popular in the figure world, the main advantage is you can produce a 25mm,54mm,75mm, 120mm etc etc from the same render, at this stage only the master is 3d, but that I think will change as things go on

daz

LE
It can’t be done.

View attachment 477337

hmm. There’s a thought
Well, a stick figure might be better

Maybe fine tuning the appearance by moving him along the plane, kind of like focusing a bellows camera

Right. It’s done.

1558C125-E09D-445B-BCAF-E7D6C11D0F92.jpeg

31FF6411-D3B6-4A67-AB20-EF065618139B.jpeg

FEC90B2D-4C1C-4B41-BEFD-3B9FA7A9DBB3.jpeg

D7CD076B-B0A0-41B7-B9D7-124823AF3EC8.jpeg

and it cost me a tenner (including postage)

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Great effort mate, I must admit rivets aside, to me as none aircraft bod I would see much else wrong.

Latest Threads