Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by signals, Jan 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ive heard starch get mentioned a bit on here for use with kit i think i was just wondering should i get a tub of it or whatever it comes in and what does it do thanks a lot
  2. Yep. It comes in a squeezy tube just like toothpaste.

You pop it on your hair (or you can use it for deodorant too).

The bonus with starch is it is edible.

(Just have a look on the side of a bag of crisps. They even use it in that).
  3. Flash it right. Also, an alternative to starch for stiffing up the creases in your kit is to crack one out down your leg and iron with full heat. The result is amazing.
  4. what about a line of soap down the inside of the creases? :D
  5. You pervy, that is soooo sick!
  6. :D:D

Just sow your creases in, no need for starch or anything then.
  7. well i bought a can of spray starch. apparently it helps give better creases, if you spray it on the crease whilst ironing
  8. ...cue rapid Benny Hill type patting on bald head....
  9. Serious answer time.
    Use starch if you like, however be prepared for the rapid onset of two tone 95's. Outside shiny, inside normal.
    All you need is steam and elbow grease.
  10. im too ignorant to know what you mean by that, so il just go along with it.... lol
  11. basically it will fcuk up your kit, and result in much abuse from your instructors.
    Steam, water spray and elbow grease.
  12. spray starch is pump but if you are on an interview without sitting down turn your 95s inside out, shirt and trousers spray the arms and legs with starch (on the previous single crease lines) wait about a minute turn out the right way use a hot iron, a barely damp teatowel and hard ironing surface and iron away no white marks on kit or scorch marks that way
  13. suits_U i was referring to the post before yours, sorry. so basically i should leave the spray starch at home?
  14. nemo23 what he said was that the shirt and trousers will have a shiney side (where you`ve ironed the starch on the outside) and a duller side where you haven`t used starch ie: 2 tone denims (lightweight trousers) or if your a sprog the green trousers the big boys used to wear as working dress,if you must use starch use the method I posted above.

Personally Steam ,Heat and elbow grease is sufficent
  15. And against QR's. The soap, when it deteriorates, is a perfect breeding ground for lice.

Best thing to do is have the trousers treated in a dry cleaners. There's a process (name I've forgotten) which uses a laquer to give you a permanent crease without any noticable effect. Makes pressing kit so much easier.