Starbucks

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Vigneron, Jun 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hope this qualifies as a 'new' thread as I don't go online much.
    Yesterday a mate sent me the following:

You all know that Starbucks have paid NO corporation tax in 14 of the last 15 years.
    As an added incentive not to use their facilities just read this.

We know some people enjoy Starbucks, (I for one don't know who owns it), but this is beyond words..................

Recently, British Royal Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees, and to request that they send some of it to the troops there. They would pay for it... not out for a freebee....

Starbucks replied, telling the Royal Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should support them by NOT buying any of their products!

I feel the British people should know about this. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground, fighting street-to-street and, house-to-house..

Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again to support us when we deploy once more.

Sgt. Howard Wright,
    1 Platoon, Recon Company, Royal Marines
    PLEASE BE KIND ENOUGH AND DON'T DELETE THIS... BUT PLEASE PASS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR E- MAIL LIST, IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE BEEN WOUNDED, LOST LIMBS AND EVEN DIED, SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE !

Also, those of you reading this outside the UK.... please don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit, the fire fighters and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close by for water for the survivors and workers, and Starbucks CHARGED THEM!!!

AN ADDED NOTE TO THIS: STARBUCKS HAD STORES ON SEVERAL MILITARY BASES IN THE UNITED STATES. THEY ARE NOW BEING REMOVED BECAUSE OF THIS.

There are 227 Starbucks stores across the UK , and there's no doubt that our soldiers would get the same response from this company, so let us do our bit .............................join the boycott

2. Please no, not again.

• Like Like x 5
  3. This old bollocks again, do fuck off.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Wear red it's FFFFFriday!

5. I do believe that this "story" may have initially been started by a disgruntled ex-employee of Starbucks, (not OP of this thread).

• Like Like x 2
  6. OP- please read the following before posting crap like this:

snopes.com: Starbucks Refuses Marines

If you bothered to do any research before jumping on the outrage waggon, you'd find that Starbucks do actually support the troops- did you know for that example that thanks to them HMS Nelson was able to have it's cafe/bar/NAAFI area refurbished thanks to the profits it raised and donated back to the camp?

• Like Like x 5
  7. Don't go online much ? Keep it that way, you fucking bellthronk

• Like Like x 8
  8. I'm off for a large starbucks machichocofrappocappuccino after which I'm transferring five quid to the Taliban embassy.

• Like Like x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Muhammed, blessings be upon him, will reward you with many virgins.

10. So?

Why pay a penny more Corporation Tax than needed?

They've paid enough NIC and collected enough VAT so who gives a flying fuck?

• Like Like x 1
  11. yeah funny that :)

12. "Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. You know you're going to get it, but it's going to be rough."

Adam Hills

• Like Like x 4