Starbucks

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Gadgwah, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I guess this comes under gossip, but if near the mark, Mods please pull it.

I had an email below. When this occured I have no idea as no date is given

Subject: Fw: I can only pass this on. Words fail me.
    Recently, British Royal Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees, and to request that they send some of it to the troops there.

Starbucks replied, telling the Royal Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should support them by NOT buying any of their products!

I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground, fighting street-to-street and, house-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along.

Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.
    Sgt. Howard Wright,
    1 Platoon, Recon Company, Royal Marines

PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS... PLEASE PASS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR E- MAIL LIST, IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE BEEN WOUNDED, LOST LIMBS AND EVEN DIED, SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE !

I spoke to a guy who had just got out of RLC (Attached to RM's) after 2 tours there and he said it was true.

Does anyone out there know anything about this, or is it just one of those internet wind ups. I find it a bit difficult to believe as they are all over the Americam bases etc. And this would be a massive own goal.
    Also I have no way of checking if the SGT Howard Wright actually exists.

Cheers
    Gadge

2. Not this shite again, FFS. Gadgwah, IT'S A PILE OF BOLLOX,mate. I got this sent to me by a mate at work, I just sent the link to one of the threads on Arrse about it.

3. Well its been what? At least 2 months since some other throbber believed what he got in an Email?

4. I hope to God it is not true, but a second part of the email had this:-

Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit, the fire fighters and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close by for water for the survivors and workers, and Starbucks CHARGED THEM!!!

I would like to get an answer before I go ballistic.

Gadge

5. IT'S BOLLOX, FFS

6. 11 posts is a bit early for a wah.

So do please fcuk right off will you?

7. Here, have shovel mate and keep going.

Its is true but then 3 squaddies murdered a tourist in Cyprus a while back so the whole of the army is to blame forever.

8. Like groundhog day sometimes.

9. Have you considered a career in Starbucks? Probably about your intellectual level.... :x

10. Gadgewah

You really are a cnock aren't you?

11. Okay, That is the question answered. That did not take long.
    Thanks for that and thank God I did not put it in the NAAFI. I do not know if I could handle the slagging. :oops:

Cheers
    Gadge

12. I for one will NOT be authorising any Outrage Bus TOR entries for this one.

This has been posted several times before and is an urban myth.

Please see sonpes

Please check these myths on snopes BEFORE you post. :evil:

13. Do you buy penis enlargers and grow-it-big cream because someone sent you an email saying they worked.

14. In future try checking such circular emails on www.snopes.com or even just google it.....

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=marines+starbucks&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

It's not hard to do....... :X

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.