starbucks coffee

Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to
let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that
they send some of it to the troops there.

Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of
their business, but that
Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they
would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

I can undersatand them not supporting the war everyone has their own beleifs but they must remember the lads on the ground only do what the goverment tells them

Next time you go in starbucks think again do you support starbucks or anyone who works there

That's strange because I distinctly remember having a coffee at two different branches of Starbucks in the American camp outside Kuwait City...

Apparently this story is a work of fiction. Furthermore, it is not a story about Royal Marines but those of the, some would say lesser, US variety. Read about it here:

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/starbucks-iraq.htm

I wouldnt want to accuse the topic starter of stiring up sh1t but....

how about going back and editing your first post then?

and how about checking your source before you go spouting complete bolleaux on the internet next time? mong.

Mr_C_Hinecap said:
how about going back and editing your first post then?

and how about checking your source before you go spouting complete bolleaux on the internet next time? mong.
Yeah because if i was Starbucks i would be thinking of taking libellous action against all those who misinform for corruption of my corporate identity.

Its threads like these that make me cringe and make us look like a bunch of thick fcukwits.

Nice one Pit pony you first class underpant

DesktopCommando said:
Who's the chicky with the cup of gritty brown dishwater? She looks vaguely familiar.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Phutt Phutt Phutt vrooooomm vrooooooooom vroooooooooooooom
I've fired up the Outraged bandwagon

All aboard

And were off

I am outraged at Starbucks and I shall ask everyone I know to be outraged to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

Whats the problem? Starbucks coffee is gorgeous, my local SBs is like my living room I spend so much time there. I'm outraged that more people are not enjoying it!

edited (twice)for coffee assisted spelling.

blunt:
to each his own re: coffees.. personally I stay well away from Starbucks as it gives me heart palpitations..

independent study of North American Coffee Retailers [ major chains only ] showed that one cup of Starbucks typical ' Grande' is equal to 11 and a half cans of Coke re: caffeine content.

No wonder troops like it.. wires them up for the whole day [ wonder if any studies were done on how that affects ability/judgement in combat/stress situations ]