Star Wars - The Old Replublic - MMOG.

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Schaden, Dec 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

2. Been playing a few days now, got early access for pre-ordering. Really enjoying it. Have a Sith juggernaut and playing around with a smuggler. I'm game for an Arrse guild if theres enough of us.
  3. Same here, been playing since the 15th (first day of early access). Currently have a Republic Trooper and I am messing around with a Bounty Hunter. Also really enjoying it, not enjoying the server queues though, although that is hopefully going to change as Steven Reid has said they are going to increase the server population cap on release day.

Hoping that the current queue problems are just BW trying to force distribution of players across their existing servers rather than ending up with a few huge servers and some significantly underpopulated ones.
  4. Still making the decision to swap from WOW.
    Might get my son to get an account up, how many caharacters can u run, plus what server?
  5. Im on The Progenitor at the mo. Went for the RP server hoping for a more mature player base on it instead of the leet kiddies you usually get on pvp ones, but if an Arrse guild starts up Im happy to move and start again.
  6. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

RP PVP deffo if we start an Arrse guild - I'm burnt out on WoW and need a new game.

7. Good luck with that but be prepared to be disappointed. You will get people like that no matter what server type you play on.
  8. Oh I know! I usually end up having a large ignore list. It's all good.
  9. I assume this is on a PC? How many hours a day will I lose if I purchase this game?
  10. Is there an option to commit suicide? If so I'll play Jar Jar binks. I'll never tire of that.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Are you on drugs?
  12. Ive lost quite a few hours already, which is not good.....but I'm really enjoy being a big red evil fecker with a lightsaber!!
  13. Will be interesting to see if the login queue situation has change / does change over the next few days. Steven Reid said the servers caps would be increased at release (today).

I have two toons on the go at the moment, a level 28 Trooper and a lvl 17 Bounty Hunter. The Bounty Hunter is being levelled primarily through PvP Warzones (battlegrounds for the WoW boys). The bolstering system in the Warzones seems to work fairly well from what I have seen so far. Warzones are currently not level specific so you could end up with level 10's and level 50's together, there will be the obvious skills differences but stats are boosted to put everyone on a similar playing field. In my first Warzone I had just hit level 10 (need to be 10 to do Warzones) and was up against players up to around level 23, at the end of the match I was the top damage dealer in the game, had 40 kills and 4 deaths (although I think the kill count includes all kills you were involved in not just ones where you got the killing blow).

Game looks good so far as far as I am concerned, the graphics aren't ground breaking but thats fairly normal for an MMO and the gameplay in general is fairly standard with a few 'tweaks'. Will wait and see how it develops over time.
  14. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

D/l purchases are out of stock atm - will def give it a try.
  15. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

D/L as in download? How the **** can a download be out of stock?!